Questions regarding upgrading to 35s with LS Swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello there, this is my first forum post so we’ll see how this goes. I have a 1991 FJ80, center diff locked with a 3” OME lift and 33” tires on the stock 15” wheels that came with the 91-92’s. So I have a few questions regarding upgrading tire size with potential regearing with a LS swap. I’m wanting to get 35’s when my 33 K02’s need to be replaced. I know there’s a lot of speculation on whether or not you should regear for 35’s but I still would like to get decent gas mileage and good off road performance. Currently I only have a roof rack but am eventually going to add front and rear bumpers, sliders, and roof top tent. So I’m thinking regearing is eventually going to be something I’ll have to do with all that weight with 35’s on 16’s regardless of the swap. If that’s the case what gearing is probably best? Appreciate it,

Jacob W

LS = Fodeeeez

I don’t have an LS swap, but I think they usually cruise around 2k rpm’s stock. I imagine you wouldn’t want to regear. 35’s and stock gears would probably be about right.

I don’t have an LS swap, but I think they usually cruise around 2k rpm’s stock. I imagine you wouldn’t want to regear. 35’s and stock gears would probably be about right.
Yeah it cruises right around 2k rpm, with the 33’s I'm getting 16mpg highway and about 13 city. I have a scan gauge that’s pretty dead on as far as fuel consumption. I was thinking it would be fine with slapping 35s on but I don’t want to lose power. Appreciate your response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom