Qatar Vehicle Inspection Issues

The pumps can be resealed. Just have to not loose the parts. There is a company in the States that does this if you don't want to do it but that would be a long process. We rebuilt mine with the Toyota reseal kit and so far no problems.

-Geoff

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star

He's an old-timer mechanic..who said if someone opens it; they will never to close it properly. He said the same thing regarding the PS pump. But me being an Engineer, thought, its just a pump...I can do it....boy was that a big mistake. Ended up buying a new pump.

Chasing another mechanic; but am not very hopeful. You got to trust the old-timers
Buy the re-seal kit... and do it yourself. There's a thread on MUD that helps you. Also, I documented my rebuild of one. But DON'T give it to any local mechanic. And be patient.

Read up here.

Honger

Joel, TLCA #21509
SILVER Star

And I've rebuilt mine twice... and it just seeps a bit here and there, no more profuse leaking.

The pumps can be resealed. Just have to not loose the parts. There is a company in the States that does this if you don't want to do it but that would be a long process. We rebuilt mine with the Toyota reseal kit and so far no problems.

-Geoff
Do you the contact details of the company? I ended up buying a new OEM pump; but would still like to get my old pump fixed.

Bought a re-seal kit and found a mechanic. Strongly recommended by a friend. Gear boxes is his thing so should not have any problems + he's also working on a bunch of classic cars; mainly American.

Top Bottom