Events/Trails PYS XI ?????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But, I have to admit, I am curious to see this rock bouncing thing... I am bounce-curious.
So long as we can get camping spots I'm fine with starting at AOP still. Especially with most sounding like they are arriving Saturday, doubt we will be wheeling much that day. Leaves Sunday and Monday, travel to Windrock Tuesday, wheel Tuesday Wednesday possibly Thursday, head to Harlan and wheel possibly Thursday Friday Saturday. Just a thought.

Windrock first would have us doubling back at some point.

I don't care which park.
I'll be riding bitch.
The pickup is fine on drives to work and s***, but I tested it loaded on the interstate, with a headwind and couldn't get 55mph from the 22re and 37s to save my life.
Power mods or mo-betta gearing or something needs to happen before long drives can happen.
Cause I'd likely shoot myself in the head if I have to drive that slow for 6 to 8 hours.

4runner should be going in time.
Valve adjustment, timing changes and clean injectors are good for 20hp on a 22re.

I no longer own a Tundra, Walter.
Short story, I'll share it with you one day.

So long as we can get camping spots I'm fine with starting at AOP still. Especially with most sounding like they are arriving Saturday, doubt we will be wheeling much that day. Leaves Sunday and Monday, travel to Windrock Tuesday, wheel Tuesday Wednesday possibly Thursday, head to Harlan and wheel possibly Thursday Friday Saturday. Just a thought.

Windrock first would have us doubling back at some point.

What Joe said.

I'm intrigued and will try this.

I want to say it was on Pirate many years ago, they dyno'd it before and after doing a tune up and injector clean and picked up around 20hp at the wheels

Add that to what it's got and I'll have 25 hp.

Add that to what it's got and I'll have 25 hp.
That's like a 400% increase, and that's before you add any more stickers!

I'm in for whatever. Probably leave Saturday morning.

Do rock auto magnets count for HP?

So is it Harlan first or AOP or Windrock?

These are the overheads from event weekends at AOP that I could find. Looks like a full house.

aop2.PNG
aop1.PNG

So is it Harlan first or AOP or Windrock?

My thought would be Harlan first, Windrock second, AOP third. After looking at the overhead pictures of the campground at AOP, I think finding camping together will be really tough, especially for those arriving on Saturday afternoon when most of the crowd have already set up. As much as I'm bouncer curious too, I like camping without immediate neighbors. The difference in time on the way home is only 15 minutes between AOP and Harlan too.

Plugs were fresh, but I put in a new set of Densos'
New, better plug wires, cap & rotor.
Played with timing.
Tried the CAI it had on it when i got it.
Didn't put the header on.

Didn't really notice enough of an improvement to drive it hundreds of miles on mountain roads.

I'll keep working on it, but for now I'm gonna spend my few days off, between now and then, working on the 4Runner .

I'll need to ride bitch, and be spotter, and picture taker guy, pivot man in the circle jerk, and keep the bowl full guy.
I can be drink maker, beer bitch, grill master, no, not grill master, I'm just not that great on the grill, so not grill master, but I could be "Randy the guy with the handy". But, please, don't call me Randy, you may call me Spunky, but not Randy.
I understand the rules of the road and am perfectly fine with providing any of the 3.
Really.

Any of them.

Seriously, I don't mind.

Can I ride with you???!!!

Seriously, I could go on and on , like a Family Guy bit.....

Plugs were fresh, but I put in a new set of Densos'
New, better plug wires, cap & rotor.
Played with timing.
Tried the CAI it had on it when i got it.
Didn't put the header on.

Didn't really notice enough of an improvement to drive it hundreds of miles on mountain roads.

I'll keep working on it, but for now I'm gonna spend my few days off, between now and then, working on the 4Runner .

I'll need to ride bitch, and be spotter, and picture taker guy, pivot man in the circle jerk, and keep the bowl full guy.
I can be drink maker, beer bitch, grill master, no, not grill master, I'm just not that great on the grill, so not grill master, but I could be "Randy the guy with the handy". But, please, don't call me Randy, you may call me Spunky, but not Randy.
I understand the rules of the road and am perfectly fine with providing any of the 3.
Really.

Any of them.

Seriously, I don't mind.

Can I ride with you???!!!

Seriously, I could go on and on , like a Family Guy bit.....

So when you set the timing to 5 degrees or whatever you number you chose- After disconnecting the jumper did you verify that timing increased to around 12 degrees? If it did not, you might have a misadjusted or bad TPS and would have lack of power.

I've read about that situation a few different places and not sure if you knew of that tidbit.

I am aware of that and did experience it on this same engine when I first got it.
I did not check for it this time though.

This engine was all out of adjustment when I first got it. It never has idled correctly .
I should just swap in the engine out of the 92, it's all fresh sealed with new stuff inside and ran great.

Lets skip the bouncers and hit Harlan first.

I'll be there Friday night and see where the wind takes us after that. Should be down there by 9 or 10.

:bounce2:

I have Friday off, we may leave earlier that day, meander on down, and set up camp in the light if others are coming down Friday.

If I can get off early I'll leave Friday, otherwise I'll be leaving early Saturday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom