Purchase Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A friend of a friend has a 2015 LC200 with 80k miles (all highway). Interior and exterior are in great shape and service records indicate it’s been taken care of. I think I can get it for $47,000. Should I do it?

Any and all advice is welcome. Would be my first LC and would be selling my 2015 Platinum F-150 with 76k miles. Love my pickup but the wife wants something more reliable with 3 rows for our kids and the LC is the only SUV I would really consider since I go on hunting trips/slight off-roading. Gas mileage isn’t a huge factor since my commute is around 8 miles round trip and would only make a couple of long trips a year.

Thanks

Fo sure.

Definitely a good replacement for your needs. Nurnim keep in mind that this is not a US car and therefore does not have a hundred cup holders. Otherwise always fully recommend the 200

A friend of a friend has a 2015 LC200 with 80k miles (all highway). Interior and exterior are in great shape and service records indicate it’s been taken care of. I think I can get it for $47,000. Should I do it?

Any and all advice is welcome. Would be my first LC and would be selling my 2015 Platinum F-150 with 76k miles. Love my pickup but the wife wants something more reliable with 3 rows for our kids and the LC is the only SUV I would really consider since I go on hunting trips/slight off-roading. Gas mileage isn’t a huge factor since my commute is around 8 miles round trip and would only make a couple of long trips a year.

Thanks
what is there to think about??? It's a no brainer, no?

The ONLY reasons you would NOT do this switch is if you tow a lot or use the truck bed a lot.

LC is way more reliable, more durable, better resale value, way more comfy, handles better, and better off-road.

I looked for a 2013-2015 for 6 months before I found a 2013 with 75k miles for $45k.
And this one drops in your lap!!

Go for it. You will not regret it and your wife will love it too

wait... what color is it? :flipoff2:

Yes, especially if it’s a friends and you already know the history of the truck. That low of mileage and it’s not even broken in yet.

Edit:
THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!! 😉👍🏻

Last edited:
Yes, especially if it’s a friends and you already know the history of the truck. That low of mileage and it’s not even broken in yet.
LC is barely broken in at that mileage.......the Ford is on its way to the junkyard at that mileage. :D

Solid deal. Any 200 with under 100K for less than 50 is a good find.

Buy it. If it doesn't work out you can sell it and you'll be at even money or better. That's a buy all day situation unless you hate the color, it smells like smoke, etc.

Thanks for all the insight. I got him down to $46,500. Still trying to decide if I can give up having a truck bed or not. Going to test drive it this weekend!

Truck rentals are cheap when you absolutely have to have one. Set aside $2,000 for 15 days of pick up renting and you still come out ahead.

Thanks for all the insight. I got him down to $46,500. Still trying to decide if I can give up having a truck bed or not. Going to test drive it this weekend!
Send me your friends contact information so I can offer $48K…

I have been recently look at at 2013-2015s and it does seem that prices are falling and more are becoming available. $46.5K for this plus it being from someone you know and I assume trust is a decent deal. if you can make the pickup vs SUV decision, and decide LC, you are not likely to find a better deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom