PTO winch with SM420 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=milesstarkey link=board=1;threadid=6019;start=msg48441#msg48441 date=1065567097]
does anyone know who works on ramsey pto's? all the local shops on their website are closed. i'm in iowa.
[/quote]

CLOSED- as in after 5 pm CST

-Or-

CLOSED- no longer in business

??????????

I have no idea where you are in IA, but I would look around Des Moines for an
Industrial truck shop, i.e., the people that make trucks for the railroad and power/utility companies; they would most likely be a distributor/repair facility for your winch. I worked for a company called LaHass here in MN for a while, we sold and installed PTO and hydraulic Ramsey winches.

Good luck!

I was looking for a place to get parts for my old ramsey PTO. Go to this link. Ramsey still has the owners manuals for the old winchs and parts numbers. Good luck.
http://www.ramsey.com/winches/industrial.html
Go to the manuals link and pick industrial winchs.

that's cool. my winch is missing the plate with the model number and serial number. i don't know what model i have. any help there?

I am in the same situation. I don't think I have the plate either( I havn't seen the winch in a while). The only thing I can think of identifying it was looking at all the manuals and seeing which one looks the best like yours. I think the old ones are the first 6 winches listed. I think mine is either the 400 lever, 300 lever or the 200 lever. It looks like a lot of the parts would interchange between them. Hope any of that helps.

[quote author=Bob_Brewer link=board=1;threadid=6019;start=msg51133#msg51133 date=1066229511]
Is that sm420 adapter still for sale?
[/quote]
I dont know about the one mentioned earlier but I have one. :D It will be ready in a couple weeks, it could come with a 3speed case attached if you want also

I've got three speed transfers laying all over the place in all sorts of conditions. Give me a quote either way. I've got a line on another adapter but since I'm running a 40 a 55 and a 45 all with 420's, I'd like to have a spare set up.

How about $250 for the adapter or $550 for the adapter, case, saver, and cross member. This stuff has less than 2000 miles on it Let me know I will be gone for a couple days so it might take a while for me to get back to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom