PTO lockout plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJ907Warrior

SILVER Star
Threads
Hoping someone could provide measurements of the early PTO lock out plate. Possibly even mail me a outlined one size correct on paper and mail it too me.

Looking to create a replica of a heavier weighted one from a thicker plate for my build.

Appreciate it, photo below was napped from another post and used to reference the piece im talking about.

IMG_1472.jpg

Hoping someone could provide measurements of the early PTO lock out plate. Possibly even mail me a outlined one size correct on paper and mail it too me.

Looking to create a replica of a heavier weighted one from a thicker plate for my build.

Appreciate it, photo below was napped from another post and used to reference the piece im talking about.

View attachment 3316833
Print out the picture. Enlarge as needed on a copy machine. Done.

Print out the picture. Enlarge as needed on a copy machine. Done.
Sure, that's a good idea. I still would like a reference measurement to match it too.
I'd like it to be the correct size at least.

Sure, that's a good idea. I still would like a reference measurement to match it too.
I'd like it to be the correct size at least.
Stretch it around in photoshop to lose the perspective, and try to take a reference off the bolt centres? Do it in millimetres and you might find its all nice round numbers ;)

someone made reproductions of those, maybe 15 years ago?

I have a beat up one on my bench I can measure but wouldn’t be super trusting of the info. Let me know if you need dims later this week.

The thickness of the steel appears to measure as 2mm....or 1/16th (apparently 1/16in equals 1.57 mm, so somone here is off) ha!

The thickness of the steel appears to measure as 2mm....or 1/16th (apparently 1/16in equals 1.57 mm, so somone here is off) ha!
Spot on, that's more then I need! Thank you

Thanks again! Not perfect, but it'll do, at least for now, maybe I'll build another later.

20230508_144233.jpg

Last edited:
So, I don't have a PTO winch and was wondering what this part is/does? Just trying to expand my knowledge.

So, I don't have a PTO winch and was wondering what this part is/does? Just trying to expand my knowledge.
The PTO shifter is 'free floating' and can be engaged by mistake while driving. The lockout plate, flips around the shifter and locks it from being engaged by mistake.

Later pto shifters (I believe started in the 70series) had a lock button that fixed this issue.

The PTO shifter is 'free floating' and can be engaged by mistake while driving. The lockout plate, flips around the shifter and locks it from being engaged by mistake.

Later pto shifters (I believe started in the 70series) had a lock button that fixed this issue.

I understand now, thanks for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom