Pros/Cons matching a New "Just Dashes" dash to New Seats???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

WSOPgold2012

MoxieMan
SILVER Star
Threads
Im at wits end trying to locate a clean OEM Grey dash and will prlly ship my dash to be restored to Just Dashes. Not gnna be cheap...but i want a clean dash.

Anyone? Theyve rcvd solid reviews!!

Screenshot_20220218-021405_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20220217-123836_Photos.jpg

Several years ago I used them to do a full on restoration of my ‘70 Datsun 240Z dash and it was amazing. Expensive, but it was worth every penny.

Bryan
Dat240zg

Several years ago I used them to do a full on restoration of my ‘70 Datsun 240Z dash and it was amazing. Expensive, but it was worth every penny.

Bryan
Dat240zg
ya...thats how i'm leaning. the process they use seems incredible...they basically make a brand new dash with new vinyl ect. Im soooooooooo deep into my rig at this point seems ridiculous to look at a cracked dash :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
If you do get a quote I'd be curious to see where it comes in. I think I read somewhere that Proffit's in Colorado uses them so I'm sure the end product is very good. I have one of those caps on my dash right now and don't particularly like it.

If you do get a quote I'd be curious to see where it comes in. I think I read somewhere that Proffit's in Colorado uses them so I'm sure the end product is very good. I have one of those caps on my dash right now and don't particularly like it.
A guy told me he got a quote of $1,400. I also rcvd a quote of $1,400 (+2-300 color matching maybe) So, if less than $1,700 id be shocked. Apparently "better than OEM due to new Texhnology + materials"

Its alot...but, im all in. Cant see myself sitting in Scheel-Mann Vario XXLs and looking at a cracked dash with being pissed off knowin theres a solution.

Check out the site...its pretty nifty how they wrap the dash in New Vinyl.

Screenshot_20220218-083612_Gmail.jpg

4 month turnaround sure isn't ideal.
I wonder if they could use your dash as the fitment model and make a small run for a volume discount?

I wonder if they could use your dash as the fitment model and make a small run for a volume discount?
idk how that works.... its "4 month 'guesstimate' and often takes less time" Which for me isnt an issue as @kelly saad will most likely still have my rig 3 more months :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

now that i think about it...they prlly cant as they build the "new" dash on the old frame...they wldnt have an old frame to build on. They prlly cld make a dash cap like product...but maybe they made those alrdy...idk

ya...thats how i'm leaning. the process they use seems incredible...they basically make a brand new dash with new vinyl ect. Im soooooooooo deep into my rig it at this point seems ridiculous to look at a cracked dash :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
My dash was PREFECT when I got the truck. It broke my heart when I watched the first one pop open in front of my eyes.

I used them and they modified the radio hole to fit a single din radio. Great Quality and perfect match. They deleted the speaker holes as well!
ohhhh no s***.... hows it hoilding up?? They claim "itll last longer than OEM"

I used them and they modified the radio hole to fit a single din radio. Great Quality and perfect match. They deleted the speaker holes as well!
Could ya drop a pic of the dash in here please.....guessing others would like to see it too.

Last edited:
found it....that came out incredible!!!

1645207237534.png

Here’s a side point:
If you get a new dash, you’ll definitely want to cover it to keep it out of the sun. I covered mine with a big folded bath towel for 30 years and it still looked new (after 30 years) always parked outside- never in a garage.
Also the big black terry cloth towel blocked the reflection of the dash. Driving was easier on the eyes.

So if you’re going to cover a new dash (and you should) it’ll look exactly the same as covering an old thrashed cracked one - because the ugly is under the cover.

So if you’re going to use a dash cover - save your money and don’t buy a new dash - cuz you’re never going to see its beauty anyway.

They're about 15 mins from me. I haven't personally used them, but I know a few who have for non-Cruiser stuff, and people are VERY pleased with the work. Expensive, as noted, but you'll get your money's worth if you're after a dash that looks new. And as noted, you can have them customize to your needs.

You're putting a lot of money into your rig so I can see the attraction. For my poor old trail beater, a cover is good enough. ;)

My dash was PREFECT when I got the truck. It broke my heart when I watched the first one pop open in front of my eyes.
Man, that exact same thing happened to me this past summer. Looking at my dash and thinking it was looking good... then it happened. Super sucky.

Very interesting thread.

I have done three dashes so far in house. I wrap them in a shell of fiberglass after I fix all the issues. There are a lot of photos in the Hound build thread here in the 60 section and also on another dash thread. It is a lot of work and if not your thing well worth sending it out to Just Dashes. I like fiberglass so not such a big thing. No cheaper than just dashes if you are going to pay someone else to do it. Hours add up fast at shop rate.

202244491_4507947255902797_1445489688518170599_n.jpg

201041159_4507947365902786_1261274852674100268_n.jpg

Here’s a side point:
If you get a new dash, you’ll definitely want to cover it to keep it out of the sun. I covered mine with a big folded bath towel for 30 years and it still looked new (after 30 years) always parked outside- never in a garage.
Also the big black terry cloth towel blocked the reflection of the dash. Driving was easier on the eyes.

So if you’re going to cover a new dash (and you should) it’ll look exactly the same as covering an old thrashed cracked one - because the ugly is under the cover.

So if you’re going to use a dash cover - save your money and don’t buy a new dash - cuz you’re never going to see its beauty anyway.
I wldve thought this too...but they state that the new Dashes are made to handle UV ect...and will last without damage much longer

They're about 15 mins from me. I haven't personally used them, but I know a few who have for non-Cruiser stuff, and people are VERY pleased with the work. Expensive, as noted, but you'll get your money's worth if you're after a dash that looks new. And as noted, you can have them customize to your needs.

You're putting a lot of money into your rig so I can see the attraction. For my poor old trail beater, a cover is good enough. ;)
Ya...i legit looked for 3 years for a grey dash and missed a cpl ect. At this point $1,700 would be silly not to have this...imo

Last edited:
I wldve thought this too...but they state that the new Dashes are made to handle UV ect...and will last without damage much longer
Yeah mine is fine. The material is definitely different than the stock. I put some protectant on it here and there, I have no doubt it will last another 20 years. I think I did mine 8-9 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom