Projecting, tinkering, fiddle-farting around: whatcha building? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

As I was working today on forming up an approach on the new shed for my machine, It suddenly dawned on me...

😂....there I was minding my own business, preparing for a small cement pour in a couple days, and even though I had it pretty much complete I started piddling around and got a hairbrain idea to reinforce the edge to keep it from cracking....

50B79F7C-596A-422E-BC59-A22F6C821FE3.jpeg

9B6BA2E5-F46E-4D84-9B48-A5F2D80C5D2B.jpeg

I added wire to beef up the edge. Not at all necessary, not a new idea or anything like that, I was just.....you guessed it...fiddle farting around ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I must admit I hadn’t heard that verbiage used since my dad used it long ago. It had slipped off the radar for decades. But when I seen it on this thread ...a smile came to my face ! My mom called it...piddling. 😁

I guess it rubbed off on me...the nut didn’t fall far from the tree.

Yep, cheap insurance to run a bent bar around the perimeter of such a slab. I'll be interested to see how the wire mesh works for you over time.

Continuing my CNC education and moving on to bent tubes...

BendTech Collage.png
Dragon Collage.png

As I was working today on forming up an approach on the new shed for my machine, It suddenly dawned on me...

😂....there I was minding my own business, preparing for a small cement pour in a couple days, and even though I had it pretty much complete I started piddling around and got a hairbrain idea to reinforce the edge to keep it from cracking....

View attachment 2456075

View attachment 2456076

I added wire to beef up the edge. Not at all necessary, not a new idea or anything like that, I was just.....you guessed it...fiddle farting around ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I must admit I hadn’t heard that verbiage used since my dad used it long ago. It had slipped off the radar for decades. But when I seen it on this thread ...a smile came to my face ! My mom called it...piddling. 😁

I guess it rubbed off on me...the nut didn’t fall far from the tree.
hey @groundeater , it's a good idea, but speaking from 50+ yrs in construction, i'd suggest you make sure the outer edge of the mesh is in from the form about 2". water intrusion....rust n freezing....cracking concrete

I needed that advice the day I posted that pic ... :bang: Oh well,.. I’m an old curmudgeon in the fourth quarter of life anyways, it’ll last long enough fer me !! Won’t be doin’ it again, that’s for sure. The party’s over !

77089642-6D2C-4BD2-9044-9BBA1EA8E745.gif

You mean to tell me my
fiddle farting around was ....in vain !?

0CD9A36E-73D8-4601-972C-5010D41E21FB.gif

Last edited:
Getting some household chores done before winter. Nearly finished with staining the fence. There is just a bit more down by the workshop and two sections behind the canna lilies which will have to be pressure washed and stained once the canna lilies die back for the winter.

img_4915edit-jpg.2462793

Getting some household chores done before winter. Nearly finished with staining the fence. There is just a bit more down by the workshop and two sections behind the canna lilies which will have to be pressure washed and stained once the canna lilies die back for the winter.

img_4915edit-jpg.2462793
Paind da fence

Aap-doown
Aap-doown

(I binged the 2 seasons of Cobra Kai in 3 days a couple weeks ago, stoked for season 3!! 😆😆👍)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom