Builds Project R2D2 Sixty - 1986 Retro Refresh (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got home from out of town and made a final push to finish this thing. @Onur sent me a new thermo housing and some hoses and the leaks are all gone.

Grabbed the aluminum ARB and added it back.

25 trouble free more miles of testing done and it’s running like a champ.

Time to call the shipper......

37759721-E516-4F03-8034-C5579865680C.jpeg

BF422FDF-02C3-4DA0-AF29-161B2441678F.jpeg

294465A7-99F1-4524-BE0A-22975BBB2C42.jpeg

Rolling west on 20 from Georgia to Aledo TX, saw that rig headed east…nice

@wngrog did you end up putting the power surge back in?

No. I put an in line pump in to troubleshoot my problem. Turns out it was the return hard line that was clogged.

One of the reasons I document these things so much is that I forget what I did since all are different.

I have a stock exhaust/stock dissy truck about to get the Sniper and this is a great reminder.

I also messaged the current owner of R2-D2 recently and it’s running strong and he is happy.

Curious, did you replace the return line, or just blow the snot out of it?

Curious, did you replace the return line, or just blow the snot out of it?
I reuse the hard lines to and from the tank along the rail. Unhook both ends and blow them out.

I reuse the hard lines to and from the tank along the rail. Unhook both ends and blow them out.

I'm refreshing my hard lines as part of my frame-off and wonder if you have ever found a replacement for the rubber grommets in the fuel line clamps, or what you use there?

I've found PNs for the brake line clamps, but can't find any other available OEM clamps. You got any solutions?

I'm refreshing my hard lines as part of my frame-off and wonder if you have ever found a replacement for the rubber grommets in the fuel line clamps, or what you use there?

I've found PNs for the brake line clamps, but can't find any other available OEM clamps. You got any solutions?
I’ve never bought new ones.

603C3D96-CA63-4F03-8ED3-9FAA4D2A83C2.jpeg

return hard line from the sniper to the PS or PS to the tank?

thanks for answering so quickly
Mine was the hard line. I took a fresh soft line all the way and fixed it

Mine was the hard line. I took a fresh soft line all the way and fixed it
I took off the line from the sniper to the PS and blew air through it, I then removed the feed line from the PS to the sniper and did the same thing. The line to the sniper seemed less restrictive then the return line. I may need to remake the Sniper to PS return line, I wonder if the insert may have pushed some hose near the end as I inserted it.
I also blew in to the line from the PS to the tank and could feel the pressure from blowing in to it to the tank. I also re-primed the PS too, it was bone dry. Wont be able to test it till next weekend. Thanks again for the advice.

I took off the line from the sniper to the PS and blew air through it, I then removed the feed line from the PS to the sniper and did the same thing. The line to the sniper seemed less restrictive then the return line. I may need to remake the Sniper to PS return line, I wonder if the insert may have pushed some hose near the end as I inserted it.
I also blew in to the line from the PS to the tank and could feel the pressure from blowing in to it to the tank. I also re-primed the PS too, it was bone dry. Wont be able to test it till next weekend. Thanks again for the advice.

A bone dry PowerSurge points to restrictive supply.

Clogged filter.

Restricted pickup in tank.

Weak or bad supply pump.

Kinked line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom