Builds Project Lockjaw-1973 Fj40 on Tons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the look. Kinda has that 2000's old school height look with Tons and 4 link. Awesome work.
Thanks Paul

So I finally got around to welding the high steer on the passenger side. This is before getting welded. After welding, heated it up to around 260* and buried it in sand to cool down over night
F490243A-510F-4B5F-B145-782E16BB3AE1.jpeg
85AADE68-6098-4F8A-973F-AD514DB6ED80.jpeg

What did you use to heat it up. Did you do that to prevent wrapping? Is the ford 60 knuckle cast iron?

Heated it up with handheld propane torch. Did it to keep the welds and knuckle from cracking. Knuckles are cast steel. Don’t really have to do heat cycles like cast iron, but I wanted to just to be on the safe side.

Phenomenal work Ryan…. Looking forward to seeing it at GSMTR… 😉

We have done that and it works, we had a fire pit and just dumped a wheel barrow load of sand right next to it and then buried the parts for hours.

Great Smokey Mountain Trail Ride at Windrock Park in Oliver Springs,TN. Usually a couple hundred land cruisers show up to trail ride. The hosts are STLCA and they have a big raffle and dinner two nights

Dates for 2023? I would love to join you guys. Never wheeled in Tenn. heard it’s amazing

Dates for 2023? I would love to join you guys. Never wheeled in Tenn. heard it’s amazing
June 15-17th, 2023

Been working on the front steering. Got mocked up enough to put the front tires back on
B4E7F56D-EA95-41C2-A2B7-D5B325C3EC9A.jpeg
AFAA5E68-BB90-4A3B-95FF-2DB49B96FF15.jpeg

You might find that's a little high, but you'll on only know once you're wheeling it.

Make sure it's adjustable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom