Builds Project Code Name "ASAP Flaps" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Order placed!

Hey I placed an order already for the aftermarket bumper ones. I recently bought a custom aftermarket steel rear bumper and it looks as if the bumper sticks out slightly past the wheel well so I'm thinking I may be needing spacers or something to make it work from looking at the previous posts here. Do you sell spacers or is there a specific brand/type you recommend? Thanks!

@Andrew35291

I don't sell the spacers because each bumper is different. They're just 1/4" ID though, so you can find them very easily at any hardware store in different lengths. Depending on how long you need, you may need 3 linger bolts on each side. The bolts are 1/4"-20 so again, easy to find various lengths. You should be able to find everything you need for less than $10 at Lowe's/HD.

Thanks!

Waiting is the hardest part :cheers:

I've gotten used to it when it comes to anything for LCs.

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all the orders. The first 6 kits shipped just now. I'm still waiting on the urethane to show up but I've been told it's 1-2 weeks out. Everything else is ready to go (metal, hardware, etc) so as soon as the urethane arrives I can get to cutting and shipping the rest of the kits.

I could use your alls help spreading the word that these are available. I over ordered this time to try and get as many kits out as possible. So far, I've only sold about 1/2 of what I ordered. It's going to be tough sitting on product ($$) being a small business. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, I noticed we have no reviews for these on the site. I was kinda surprised since people really seem to love them. Would be fantastic if those who have bought them are willing to spare a few min and leave a review.

Since I know a lot of people hold back due to the price, I also wanted to give an example of what the cost for just the urethane would be if you wanted to cut your own.

A 24x24x3/16 piece is enough material for one corner. Yes, rubber would be much cheaper, but wouldn't last nearly as long or be as resistant to the elements.

Thanks all! I get excited when these start going out. I hope to keep these going as long as possible as they're still my favorite product.

Rami

Last edited:
Got my tracking number! Can't tell you how excited I am for these 😁

I'll absolutely be sure to leave you a review after a bit of testing. I'll also be going to a 100-Series meet up here in Austin on May 14th so I'll spread the good word. Actually, if you have any promotional material I'd be happy to leave it on my windscreen during the event, even just business cards.

Got my tracking number! Can't tell you how excited I am for these 😁

I'll absolutely be sure to leave you a review after a bit of testing. I'll also be going to a 100-Series meet up here in Austin on May 14th so I'll spread the good word. Actually, if you have any promotional material I'd be happy to leave it on my windscreen during the event, even just business cards.

Thanks for the order! Hope you love them as much as I do.

“Cut your own” lol I say go ahead and try- the the material is very thick and if you could use shears, it would end up looking like dog-s***e.

These kits are well worth the money- function and durability have been excellent. I don’t know what is used to stamp or cut the urethane but it’s precision- would be tough to replicate that with hand tools.

The hardware is unique and well designed- to hold heavy duty flaps and withstand daily use -on or off road 👍👍

I haven’t found any negatives in the few years I’ve had mine. Buy and enjoy with confidence.

😉

Would love a set for my LX570. Wonder how it would fit with my tires though as it's already rubbing.

Would love a set for my LX570. Wonder how it would fit with my tires though as it's already rubbing.
Hoping to start on the 200 as soon as I get the rest of the 100 orders out the door. The front is likely a bit more challenging on the 200, but my goal is to make them work with the common larger tire sizes.

Just left a review. Couldn’t be happier with these.

Pro tip: remember to remove when airing down BEFORE trail, not mid way…..

image.jpg

Thats the part i’m worried about-remembering to take them off! Do they get damaged at all when you forget to take them off offroad?
Nope—I think to damage them you’d need to be in a pretty tight spot with rocks or mud behind your wheel and would then need to use reverse. Probably many a trail run could be done with them in place with no issues.

But I should have thought to pull them while I was standing around waiting for my tires to air down….don’t let my absent mindedness keep you from pulling the trigger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom