Build Project Bad-ish Decisions

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wheels turned out great. I totally get you. My 61 is back up and running and my 200 doesn’t get much attention.
The wheels did for sure... your rig is what a lot of my updates were based on!

Yeah I've always thought that the 60 is the best looking series of the bunch, just underpowered AF... but my 60 has an LS in it, and I don't drive enough to during the week to mind the leaf springs and less modern stuff... of course, so long as the AC is hooked up (coming soon)...

The 200 is honestly set up perfectly now and if I did more driving during the week, I'd 100% keep it, and heck, I still may... but last thing I want is for something to sit any more than my taco sits at our cabin... it just gets sad... also I'm not a whale and maybe don't need 4 x vehicles just for me? (That's just my wife spitting her opinions) Plus, I could use the funds to get those Nomad's for the 60 :devil:
 
So while my headlights are fantastic (think PO put different bulbs in em) and my fog lights are surprisingly helpful (changed to bright yellow bulbs), the appearance of the top of the headlights along with the Toyota sombrero bother me…

IMG_6123.webp


IMG_6124.webp


IMG_6126.webp


IMG_6127.webp


IMG_6128.webp


IMG_6129.webp


IMG_6130.webp
 
So I decided to do something about it and bought some the Cerakote ceramic headlight kit from Scamazon and spent a little more than an hour of elbow grease and a hose, and made em better…. This was midway through the process…

IMG_6131.webp


IMG_6137.webp


IMG_6140.webp


IMG_6138.webp


IMG_6141.webp


IMG_6142.webp


IMG_6139.webp
 
Now did all of the affected areas look brand new? No. But they look a lot better, and supposedly they are protected for a while. Time will tell. I will say the top of the headlights that have the most sun exposure and oxidation benefited the most, prob can’t see much difference but it’s real… cheers…

IMG_6143.webp


IMG_6144.webp


IMG_6147.webp


IMG_6145.webp


IMG_6148.webp


IMG_6146.webp
 
Back
Top Bottom