Project 200 Wagon build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
So I've gone back and forth about building the 200 and finally bit the bullet and went for it. Originally I just wanted a 200 series as a family cruiser for trips and what not and to have the troopy for more moderate camping and wheeling trips but after much thought I decided to start a moderate build on the 200 to bring the family along. First step was new tires, went back and forth on 275 vs 285 with limited options on the 18" wheels. Finally decided on 275/70 BFG AT2's. Next up was the right lift. After going back and forth and the long term plan I settled on the OME medium night lift with SPC adjustable upper control arms. Very happy overall but still need to find a good contact for alignment early this week. Those who are familiar with the 200 may know about the KDSS factory anti roll system. This makes for a bear when installing the lift. I was able to take my time this past week and get it all buttoned up. The front was much more time consuming with the replacement of control arms. Few picture to start things off. Next steps are front bumper.

IMG_3002.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

IMG_3922.JPG

IMG_3914.JPG

Very cool. I had a 2010 LX570. LOVED the truck but sold it once i Learned the LX would not allow sliders. I then regretted not getting the Land Cruiser instead. I think you will be impressed by the 200's offload capabilities like I was.

curious about this anti-roll system, is it like some sort of active sway bar, or is it hydraulically controlled shocks?

Looks good. :beer: I took a 200 off of Fred Anderson's hands when I was in town a few months ago. Trying to resist the urge to go nuts with it.

The main thing with KDSS to watch out for is rust/corrosion on the valve/threads. Other than that it is a robust, hands-off system that makes a world of difference. @southerncruiser62 did you treat the valve with any anti-corrosion spray while you were getting rid of the cruiser-lean post lift?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom