Prinsu roof rack - similar style and company for 60s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking at roof racks and roof rails for my 60. I really like the Prinsu shorter style. Most seem to be bulky, which I'm not a fan of.

Unfortunately, they haven't finalized the 60 series unit as of yet. Anyone have recommendations that look similar?

www.prinsudesignstudio.com

Here's a pic

IMG_3496.PNG

I'm not sure if it would be an issue worse than regular rack mounts...But that long gutter mount would hold moisture all along it's length. We all know how our LC's love to rust!

The racks built around extrusions are simpler , require less labor and easier to ship since they break down. The down side is higher cost of materials as opposed to steel tubing so anyone getting into that would have a higher initial investment in raw materials. Companies like 80/20 could provide you with precut extrusions. That would leave sideplates and clamps to work out . Because of all the add on possibilities with extrusions, they make a lot of sense and are certainly versatile

There are also a lot of non-80/20 extrusion manufacturers out there (some are cheaper too).

Since Prinsu is being purchased by CBI the 60 rack might come to market... But, CBI like most fabricators stay pretty current with vehicle models. Time will tell and its all about the volume.

J
well, good thing i ordered some gutter mounts from you last week as a back-up plan! I've got a RTT enroute and want to be able to mount it up the day it gets here, not wait months to see if CBI will continue with the 60 rack haha.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom