Pricing help for 96 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My neighbor has a 96 4runner SR5 he is selling that I would like. It's taking up space in his garage where he is trying to build a plane and wants it gone but he hasn't listed it yet. He hasn't given me a price and I don't know if he even has one in mind. It's his 93 year old step father's 4runner that he owned since new. It looks pretty much brand new. So one owner, 102k miles, Manual, 4x4, rear diff lock, start in gear button, fully stock, cloth seats. KBB, NADA, Autotrader and Mud classifieds are all over the map on what this is worth/what people are asking. If he doesn't have a price in mind I would like to offer him something that is fair and we'll still be friends afterwards. Let me know what you think I should offer. I just saw it today so I don't have any pics. Thanks.

That’s pretty much cream of the crop for 3rd Gens. I’d be prepared to ante up because that could fetch a premium on the open market, assuming body is in good shape etc. sound like a good one, best of luck!

That’s pretty much cream of the crop for 3rd Gens. I’d be prepared to ante up because that could fetch a premium on the open market, assuming body is in good shape etc. sound like a good one, best of luck!
Thanks for the info. It’s quite nice.

12 - 15 (on the higher end). that's my 100*.02 cents anyway. I personally would have a hard time paying much more than that.

12 - 15 (on the higher end). that's my 100*.02 cents anyway. I personally would have a hard time paying much more than that.
This is probably about right, but then again nothing on CL is selling these days.

Thanks. Thats about what I was thinking.

This is probably about right, but then again nothing on CL is selling these days.
Also good to know. There is no rush for this to happen on either side so we’ll see.

Have you driven it? How is it compare to your LX470?
I haven’t driven it yet. Just got to see for a few minutes. I’m not replacing the LX though. Adding to the fleet.

I'm down in AZ and would be happy to look it over for you if you'd like me to!

If all checks out I would start at $12k and see if he'll bite. Most I'd be willing to pay would be $15k as stated above.

Thanks for the offer but I feel confident enough to shake it down just wasn’t sure on the price. I think you are right. More than $15k for a 27 year old car despite how cool it might be is more than I am interested spending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom