For Sale PRICE REDUCED, STARTED ANOTHER PROJECT. NEED ROOM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After driving this Jewel for 2 years and smiling every time I start the motor, I am ready to move on to another project! It took 2 1/2 years to get it complete but ready to let someone who doesn't want to go through the brain damage and down time to step in and drive it away.

86 FJ 60

Custom Paint
5.3 Vortec V-8 conversion completed by TorFab in Seattle,
Custom cold air intake and custom exhaust
TorFab custom fan shroud
4 Speed GM transmission
Adapted to use the stock Toyota Transfer case
ZO 6 Corvette Cam
Baja roof rack
16" Daytona Custom Wheels
Toyo Open Country 31" tires
ARB Front bumper
Comeup 9500# winch with nylon rope
4S rear bumper with spare carrier and Jack mount and dual gas can carrier
OME heavy lift with nitro shocks and steering stabilizer, greasable shackles
re-built differentials and drive shaft
BMW electric front bucket seats
Alpine sound/ with Sat radio
LED dome lights
4 Runner wipers
Lokar Shifter
Custom lockable console
New Carpet
New brakes 5k miles ago
TorFabs custom camping drawer system with ARB fridge freezer
Black satin FJ 62 side mirrors
VIN # JT3FJ60G9G1135218

Over $45k invested
selling for $37K

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_2303.JPG

View attachment 1616126

IMG_1322.jpg

View attachment 1616129

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2970.JPG

Last edited:
Forgot to mention but you probably noticed the duel battery system with stainless battery mounts. Tor also wired in a dedicated outlet for the ARB Fridge/Freezer as well as adding 2 extra 12v outlets in the rear.......Tor also put in an auto switch for the battery system so one battery will always have a charge when camping and using the 12v outlets .
Appreciate your comment ShesMad ; 0)

I swear I saw this 60 on 287 South of Ft Collins last summer. You up North on the Front Range? I almost chased you down to get a better look...gorgeous!

Ft Collins.....I have people chase me down all the time..Stalking may be a better term Ha Ha
This morning a guy ran out of Starbucks when he heard me start it so had to show him the V-8 and everything else. This thing just sounds so good it really turns heads. It never gets old.
So much fun but ready for something else to putter with.

So here is what I told this guy this morning at Starbucks. The market for rust free FJ 60's has gone up dramatically because they are hard to find so you will pay $12K to $15K for the stock vehicle with 200K miles. Now a V-8 conversion from Tor is $20K so my asking price with all the other goodies hung on this beast is really a bargain. It will sell but just need the right buyer.......
Thanks for the shout out Boss Hog ......see you on the road somewhere ;)

For $37k I'd want some nicer looking floor mats...

But seriously, this is a dream rig. I only hope that someday I can turn my rust free 60 on and hear that same sound you describe.

GLWS!

PS. Are you affiliated with the fly rod maker of the same name?

I have upgraded on the floor mats but still put those in when it snows. That is a pretty sad photo with those dirty rags on my new carpet. I will maybe put in a new pic.
Dirty floor mats clean floor mats, it still brings a smile...........

This FJ has been in storage for 3 months and now getting it out to get it back on the street and ready to sell.
Some one needs to take this beauty out of my garage so I can start another project.......

AT this point with the time and money I've spent I could have just bought your truck! Looks very nice and the price is spot on.

It’s a shame that someone would spend all this money on a beautiful V8 conversion and not simply paint the 60 the original color that matches the firewall which is Champagne Bronze. My2cents.

Does it pass smog or has all of that been removed? It costs quite a bit to have all the smog added. Looks like it has the wrong charcoal canister for smog.

Spent an extra $2700 to include all the emissions gear that was on the original Chevy motor. Passes Co emissions no problem and very observant on the canister. It was upgraded to the FJ 80 can so is better than stock. TorFab knows his stuff and guaranteed passing Co emissions. It will not however pass Calif emissions. They are the worst.

It’s a shame that someone would spend all this money on a beautiful V8 conversion and not simply paint the 60 the original color that matches the firewall which is Champagne Bronze. My2cents.

I understand totally on the color and your 2 cents worth is just that, yours....But when doing a resto/mod the fun part is making it your own, right? I sent extra paint up to Seattle so Tor could paint the fire wall the gorgeous brown when he pulled the 2F out but he was not set up at that time to do the paint and he felt like it would have peeled had he attempted it so that was one facet that on my next one will consider ahead of time and by the way that Champagne color was very mundane and quite boring, my 2 cents worth.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom