Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would say don't bother trying to get the old cable out. I tried and tried, but is fixed behind the dash in two places that are inaccessible. I managed to break one loose, but not the other.

The hope was to tie a string to the old cable, pull it through to the quarter panel, then use the string to pull the new cable through. This did not happen. I cut out as much of the old cable as I could reach, and routed the new cable behind the glove box.

Also, removing the old firewall grommet was difficult. I succeeded by using a long screwdriver going up by the passenger-side footwell and pressing it out.

Wait...why did you have to replace the actual cable? On mine I was able to reuse the cable and just plug in a new antenna motor and mast. The hard part for me was getting that damn motor assembly out of the fender. My hands were cut to shreds trying to angle it out of there.

Wait...why did you have to replace the actual cable? On mine I was able to reuse the cable and just plug in a new antenna motor and mast. The hard part for me was getting that damn motor assembly out of the fender. My hands were cut to shreds trying to angle it out of there.

The internal cable for the mast broke. On '95 (I believe) and earlier trucks, the whole unit, including the cable must be replaced. If all I had to do was replace the motor I would have been a happy man.

Thought I would clean and powdercoat the water pipes for the rear heater on the 450 while Changing all the hoses
20171114_165515.jpg

Yuck! Replace those suckers. How do the fronts look. The PO of my 80 replaced the rear right before I bought it and Ryan just replaced the fronts. I'll hopefully get another 20 years out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom