Pre-1975 Idle Solenoid Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nachohouse

SILVER Star
Threads
Sorry if this has been asked before, my search didn’t yield any info. Does anyone know where to find a gasket for a pre-‘75 idle solenoid? Do I need to make my own?

Also, I haven’t seen much on these earlier solenoids. Are replacements NLA or does someone sell them?

Thanks!

IMG_4605.jpeg

If a new gasket is actually required, it is available in all the rebuild kits I have seen. I probably have a few loose ones laying around.

Unlike the 2F solenoids, the 1F solenoid can be disassembled, the contacts cleaned, and reassembled. So replacement is limited to those who have followed certain people’s advice on here to cut the plunger off.

Are you still working on this problem:

Thanks for the reply! If you’ve got spares laying around I will definitely pay ya to mail me one, let me know and I can send you a PM.

Shoot, I’ll post an update that other idle misfire thread. I installed a Pertronix and that resolved the idle misfire. Could this idle solenoid gasket be contributing to a possible vac leak? It looks pretty old and part of it is chunked off.

The gremlin I’m currently chasing is carb bowl drain after she sits for a few days. I didn’t realize the pre-75 idle solenoids were a different design so I thought maybe the o-ring on the solenoid tip might be shot. I read all the Pinhead posts on here about carb bowl drain and that seemed like it was something to check, but since this earlier one is different then it’s back to the drawing board I guess.

I can start a new thread but this is where I suspect the leak is coming from. Not sure what this is called but it looks like it’s coming from the hinge on the throttle plate on the primary side. Haven’t tried non-ethanol gas yet, but I did blow carb cleaner + air into the idle screw hole and the idle solenoid passage.

IMG_4609.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom