Prado 120 Grand Walk-through (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Some of you may have heard of Ronny Dahl. For those who haven't, he's an overlander from Western Australia who has a YouTube channel where he publishes overland trip episodes and "Modified" episodes featuring overland vehicles. All of his stuff is really well done.

Anyway, he recently did a Modified episode for the Prado 120 Grand. Seems like the Grand trim level is fairly close to the GX, so it's a nice comparison. I found it really interesting that he was able to purchase a 23 gal aux fuel tank directly from Toyota. Must be nice!

Hate to necro-post, but do you think if I dug up the Toyota P/N I could order that bull bar from a dealer here in the States?

It's worth a shot, I suppose. I checked on partsouq and could not find the bull bar option there.

However, it did let me add a Prado rear hatch door w/ no glass and tire carrier assembly (about $900 with shipping) and an auxiliary fuel tank (about $600 shipped). I don't know exactly what hardware and components you would need for it all to work properly but that doesn't sound too bad.

It's worth a shot, I suppose. I checked on partsouq and could not find the bull bar option there.

However, it did let me add a Prado rear hatch door w/ no glass and tire carrier assembly (about $900 with shipping) and an auxiliary fuel tank (about $600 shipped). I don't know exactly what hardware and components you would need for it all to work properly but that doesn't sound too bad.

Only $600 for an aux tank!? HMMMMM. Makes me curious what other parts are required to get it to work.

Only $600 for an aux tank!? HMMMMM. Makes me curious what other parts are required to get it to work.

Yea, that's just the tank. From the diagram, it looks like you would need a few other parts for it to work. Plus, the main tank assembly looks like it would need other parts to interface with the aux tank, as well.

There is another option available by end of year for gx aux tanks

I am testing it before it is released. Major aftermarket OZ kit

Wow - can't wait to hear more about that. The MPGs are a drawback to the GX I would say and for long distance overland outings it would be very helpful to increase range w/a 2nd tank...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom