PPS steering gearbox conversion question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My steering gearbox on my HDJ81 is starting to leak along with the power steering lines. What would all be involved to swap the PPS Gearbox with a regular RHD 80 box? Also would I need different power steering lines as well? Ive read a couple posts but i cant seem to find a definitive anwser. Thanks!

If you find your vehicle model on Partsouq.com, and an Aussie RHD GX 80 series, you can compare part numbers for all the associated parts.

Compare part number for hoses, steering shaft etc, anything attached to the steering box.
If all the connecting parts share part numbers, it's a good indication is a straight swap

We swapped in a 105 box recently into an 81 with the idle up power steering valve on the box.

Modified the 81’s high pressure line since it doesn’t work with the 80/105 box. We also used a US soec 80-series steering column intermediate shaft, 81 is shorter due to the differences in the boxes.

Cheers

We swapped in a 105 box recently into an 81 with the idle up power steering valve on the box.

Modified the 81’s high pressure line since it doesn’t work with the 80/105 box. We also used a US soec 80-series steering column intermediate shaft, 81 is shorter due to the differences in the boxes.

Cheers
Awesome thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom