Power Steering noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I think my PS pump is on the way out. I’m hearing a loud Eeee Eeee Eeee noise when the truck is running from one of the accessories but can’t exactly pinpoint the noise.

Took the belt off and can’t hear any noise by hand but there is some in/out play on the pulley. Is this normal or not? I have an idler pulley that makes some bearing noise but it didn’t sound like it was coming from there.

Don’t want to order the ps pump if I’m not sure. They charge a restocking fee

Low power steering fluid can make similar sound too.
This is like a squealing at idle that speeds up with rpm. Doesn’t make a difference if you turn the wheel or not 🫤 I’m afraid I cooked the bearings in the pump. Drove it from Colorado back to Washington low on fluid

Try flushing the P/S system with Mobil, Mobile-1, Valvoline like fluids. Cheap low quality fluids really make matters worst.

I think my PS pump is on the way out. I’m hearing a loud Eeee Eeee Eeee noise when the truck is running from one of the accessories but can’t exactly pinpoint the noise.

Took the belt off and can’t hear any noise by hand but there is some in/out play on the pulley. Is this normal or not? I have an idler pulley that makes some bearing noise but it didn’t sound like it was coming from there.

Don’t want to order the ps pump if I’m not sure. They charge a restocking fee
Try turning the alternator, as well. I was positive I had a bad PS pump, until in the process of replacing it I realized the alternator was practically seized. :bang:

Try turning the alternator, as well. I was positive I had a bad PS pump, until in the process of replacing it I realized the alternator was practically seized. :bang:
I am hearing some noise from the tensioner and idler pullys. Going to replace those first and then power steering if that doesnt fix it. Good idea to check the alternator too. I have the belt off, I should spin the alternator as well just to make sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom