Power Steering Cooler Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The paper clip is rusted pretty bad and leaking so the time has come. Going to go with the Derale Dual pass cooler mounted to the frame. This is the model I am going to go with:

Amazon.com: Derale 13263 Dual Pass Aluminum Heat Sink Cooler: Automotive

I want to eliminate the metal bends on the low pressure returns and just go with the straight braided hose through the frame. I am having a tough time tracking down a good braided power steering line that I can use with hose clamps. I have been trying to find the black Aeroquip braided line but no luck. Just looking for a little assistance! Tons of threads on the cooler but not much out there on replacing the lines.

If you can send me a PM in ref to that, actually works out good, I was looking at picking up the return line from your website anyway

If you can send me a PM in ref to that, actually works out good, I was looking at picking up the return line from your website anyway

The stuff is kinda spendy I know. The gates equivalent is like 1/3 of the cost :p

The one listed on the site is 18". Just measure what you need and get the appropriate # of ft. Make sure you add a note for the longer length to be a continuous piece.

The stuff is kinda spendy I know. The gates equivalent is like 1/3 of the cost :p

The one listed on the site is 18". Just measure what you need and get the appropriate # of ft. Make sure you add a note for the longer length to be a continuous piece.

Without know for sure, It looks like the send/return lines to the cooler would be about 2 feet or so. Do you think 6 feet would be able to cover those two lines routing through the frame?

Should be plenty

I sent a message to your customer service email this afternoon. I placed a message on the order but it wiped it out in the comments, let me know if I need to do anything to get it squared up! Sorry for the trouble and thanks again for your help!!

I sent a message to your customer service email this afternoon. I placed a message on the order but it wiped it out in the comments, let me know if I need to do anything to get it squared up! Sorry for the trouble and thanks again for your help!!

Uh oh. No, didn't see it

The paper clip is rusted pretty bad and leaking so the time has come. Going to go with the Derale Dual pass cooler mounted to the frame. This is the model I am going to go with:

Amazon.com: Derale 13263 Dual Pass Aluminum Heat Sink Cooler: Automotive

I want to eliminate the metal bends on the low pressure returns and just go with the straight braided hose through the frame. I am having a tough time tracking down a good braided power steering line that I can use with hose clamps. I have been trying to find the black Aeroquip braided line but no luck. Just looking for a little assistance! Tons of threads on the cooler but not much out there on replacing the lines.

How did this end up going? Having leaking issues and thinking I need to do the same as you, but not sure what all parts I should get.

Would love to see pics!!

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom