Pott's Mountain Sep 30th? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone interested in hitting Potts Saturday Sep 30th? I would drive up friday and camp on the trail (stopping before any real difficult sections) and then finish Saturday morning.

I think I'll be game for that. I'll work on it and get back to confirm.
Sweeet, thinking about hitting it S to N so that that the hardest sections are descents and not climbs.

Cant do the 30th but I'm planning on hitting pots later this year or next year

Looking at the alltrails reviews, does S to N make is less challenging in general? I don't have sliders on yet and don't want to risk creasing my brand new rockers. Maybe there are bypasses?

Looking at the alltrails reviews, does S to N make is less challenging in general? I don't have sliders on yet and don't want to risk creasing my brand new rockers. Maybe there are bypasses?
I've done each side of the trail minus the hard sections in the middle. I think it would be easier that direction. what lift do you have? There are some significant rocks but with careful driving you should be able to get through without damage. Sliders would definitely be recommended :O. The hardest section is a rock garden that cannot be bypassed. It can be seen in the videos HERE

Can't comment on direction but I know there aren't really bypasses and its a pretty narrow trail. Also from what I've heard from others there are at least one or two places that are very narrow and/or where you will probably have to winch if you're not triple locked. I'm sure your rockers will be fine if you pick the right line

A great way to test out the rig though and push it!

If there aren't bypasses for the rocks I'll probably pass until I get some rockers. But in the video it sounded like there are bypasses? Maybe not for everything though...

Pretty cautious with the freshly reno'd 60 and novice+ driving skillz. It's basically 1 year of a kid's college tuition right now so I can't afford to screw that up.

If there aren't bypasses for the rocks I'll probably pass until I get some rockers. But in the video it sounded like there are bypasses? Maybe not for everything though...

Pretty cautious with the freshly reno'd 60 and novice+ driving skillz. It's basically 1 year of a kid's college tuition right now so I can't afford to screw that up.
I get it. I think you could make it through no damage but it is definitely more of a probability on this trail and would be sad to see any damage on that beaut

I have 2" lift and 31s but, yeah, if @afgman786 came out with damage I'd almost definitely do worse with both a less capable truck & driver (me).

I'm traveling next week too, not sure when I'll get home Fri, but if I'm feeling it I might meet you out there Sat a.m. and go as far as I can then just mess around out there for the day depending on how late it is.

@FamilyCamper Ya'll have fun. I leave for OL East on Wednesday/Thursday and was just gone this past weekend. then Fall Crawl ;)

@FamilyCamper Ya'll have fun. I leave for OL East on Wednesday/Thursday and was just gone this past weekend. then Fall Crawl ;)
That'll be a great time! Happy that were all able to get out and enjoy this amazing fall weather thats starting up!

Completed the trail! It was difficult and exciting! Had a big winch up the major obstacle in the middle. No damage! So glad to have conquered this trail and excited to hit it the opposite direction next time. Did the southern half as a night run before camping in the meadow at the top.

IMG_8066.jpeg

IMG_8064.jpeg

IMG_8065.jpeg

IMG_8057.jpeg

IMG_8053.jpeg

Super steep downhill on a hard right turn with a large rock threatening to destroy your passenger door. Another view of the climb that I had to winch up. I had muddy tires but I still am not sure I could have made it up without the winch although I've seen videos of other cruiser doing it. I'm on 285/17/17 BFGs.

IMG_8104.png

IMG_8102.png

IMG_8058.jpeg

Super steep downhill on a hard right turn with a large rock threatening to destroy your passenger door. Another view of the climb that I had to winch up. I had muddy tires but I still am not sure I could have made it up without the winch although I've seen videos of other cruiser doing it. I'm on 285/17/17 BFGs.

View attachment 3446346

View attachment 3446352

View attachment 3446353
That hill caught us out when I went. Only 2 to make it up were a 3rd gen with mild lift and tires. So light weight and rear locker helped. And a 3x locked 100. The other 100 with only rear locker and my 200 needed a winch. Just couldn't get enough traction on the driver side to not slip off the wall

That hill caught us out when I went. Only 2 to make it up were a 3rd gen with mild lift and tires. So light weight and rear locker helped. And a 3x locked 100. The other 100 with only rear locker and my 200 needed a winch. Just couldn't get enough traction on the driver side to not slip off the wall
Nice, good to know and makes me feel better haha. Nice work taking the 200 on that trail! Probably one of the largest vehicle to do it and good on you for using it and no worrying about all the pin striping lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom