Portland Area Mechanic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not sure where you are exactly but @RadarFJ40 is from Land Cruiser North West and they are in Portland.

My truck is over at Accessory Outfitters in Hillsboro getting ARB lockers installed. After meeting with Patrick, the owner, I felt confident enough to let them do the work. Hopefully, my gut was right. For reference, I was debating on sending it back to Colorado to have Robby or Slee do the work.

My truck is over at Accessory Outfitters in Hillsboro getting ARB lockers installed. After meeting with Patrick, the owner, I felt confident enough to let them do the work. Hopefully, my gut was right. For reference, I was debating on sending it back to Colorado to have Robby or Slee do the work.

Know what you mean, all my work has been done at Slee. I called Accessory Outfitters, they do not do engine work. Let me know how the install goes.

Talked to a shop this week. The mechanic indicated that he would prefer not to remove the engine to change the head gasket and affiliated hoses, chain, etc. It would seem most people here are recommending to pull the engine???

Pulling the engine is unnecessary work. However, in some cases it can make things easier. Once you go through all the trouble to remove everything you need to remove to do the work you're looking to do, you're pretty damn close to being able to pull the engine and trans anyway. I did my HG when I did my timing set. I also replaced a bunch of small things and cleaned up my PHH work around that I did years prior. It was a PITA doing the work with the engine in the truck. Only because I was on 7" of lift and 40's. I also lost a lot of time because I was Unf@cking a lot stupid stuff A certain Oregon city based shop messed up when the PO had them do work for him. Namely I had to uncurl the engine wiring harness they had put a nice tight curl into and the. Fix some wires in the harness, then I had to fix their half @$sed sensor pigtail splices. There were a couple of sensor pigtail's spliced into the wiring harness because it was obvious that with the curl they put into the harness that the plugs couldn't reach where they needed to. I digress, point is that there is no need to remove the engine to do HG or timing and the PHH is no longer an issue with the head off and Intake off, and a shop is going to charge you more to remove the engine be aUse it's extra time added to the equation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom