Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICON TruckLite

J

IMG_20161205_110745453.jpg
IMG_20161205_110757725.jpg

These are just like the JW Speaker LED's? Or are these better?

I've been wanting a set of the ICON lights for quite awhile. IMO, they have a better overall pattern with less dark spots throughout the pattern and no reports of hot spotting on the lens itself that I've found.

J

They definitely have a more traditional look vs JW Speaker (what I have). I haven't experienced any dark spots or issues with my JW - bright as hell. They do have an aftermarket look to them though - which some don't like...i prefer it. Looking forward to seeing the ICON light pattern/spread.

Where's the install and light pattern pics J? I never was one for patience.

The one negative I have heard about some LEDs is that they do not get the glass hot enough in cold environments to melt off snow. Since we get sleet/snow here during the winter pretty regularly and especially since we head up to Lake Tahoe and get lots of gunk on them lights I would be hesitant to try them. While that is a small portion of the year, would suck to have to pull over on a snowy road during a storm to go and scrap your lenses.

The one negative I have heard about some LEDs is that they do not get the glass hot enough in cold environments to melt off snow. Since we get sleet/snow here during the winter pretty regularly and especially since we head up to Lake Tahoe and get lots of gunk on them lights I would be hesitant to try them. While that is a small portion of the year, would suck to have to pull over on a snowy road during a storm to go and scrap your lenses.[/QUOTE

J

Use a vinegar solution on the headlamps and all the glass on your cruiser and it will help eliminate all the "frost over" issues.

well, if you a washer nozzles on your 60 why not utilize with them on the headlights!

well, if you a washer nozzles on your 60 why not utilize with them on the headlights!
Because my bottle was dead and gone when I got it. I think that like 85% of the cruisers here that HAVE them it does not work on.

??? Really? What vinegar solution do you speak of? Never heard of this.

IIRC the proper formula is 3 parts vinegar to one part water. I use 50/50.. Spray on glass and headlights and it'll keep the frost off or down to a minimum. Car wax helps keep the slushy crap off the headlight too.

Jorge @89fjlandcruiser has a point as well. Add a little vinegar or alcohol to your washer mixtures and works good too. It was -10 here this morning an no frost on Poppy, Esme or Sam. Joe (AKA the driveway ornament) was in the heated shop all night.

J

IIRC the proper formula is 3 parts vinegar to one part water. I use 50/50.. Spray on glass and headlights and it'll keep the frost off or down to a minimum. Car wax helps keep the slushy crap off the headlight too.

Jorge @89fjlandcruiser has a point as well. Add a little vinegar or alcohol to your washer mixtures and works good too. It was -10 here this morning an no frost on Poppy, Esme or Sam. Joe (AKA the driveway ornament) was in the heated shop all night.

J
Sweet thanks for the info J... Looks like I will be running to Lowes/HD to grab a good spray bottle for this. Since BeBe sits outside, I have to scrap most cold mornings. Mostly I would just like to have the side mirrors not frost up on me, rest pretty much will get taken care of by the defrosters (once I repair the rear).

and I get pissed off when my rig gets morning dew (no, not that kind)......and have to hose it off....:crybaby:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom