Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally scored a rear shoulder seat belt set up. I will get some sketches down on SolidWorks and then meet with my laser guys to see if we can't get a aftermarket set up out for those that are interested.

J

View attachment 1338149

I think I'll be up for this. I need to remake my panels anyway. Would like to have shoulder belts for my girls

I think I'll be up for this. I need to remake my panels anyway. Would like to have shoulder belts for my girls

K,

Spoke with the cutters today. Looks like I'll have to make the quarter top/latch belt cover three pieces for and then another piece for the front panel piece.

The top cover-- I want to make an option for a T-track system as well.

J

My TT-RTT sample is finished and on its way!!!!

J

2.jpg

That looks pretty awesome J.... What brought you into the world of RTTs now?!

They have been on the board for awhile and with the delay on the move to Spokane.... I figured I'd get some things in motion. I'll only offer a couple sizes and colors. The one pictured is the EXT model and then there is a standard to follow.

Tough Dog suspensions and the tents were just moved up on the Trail Tailor list.

J

Dude, way to go man! I am impressed with people like u! U have an awesome parts selection for these rigs, and the rrt is the cherry on the cake. I see suspension too on the list?!?! So much for us mere office workers, taking it in the chin from the boss...

Very cool addition Jason.

Will it have an Annex? how does the ladder look? telescoping or 2 piece? how is the mattress? I have a Tepui Kukenam and like it, but prefered my old Ironman 4x4 model with the Annex and private entrance. Like how yours looks.

D,

Yes an annex for each model will be available. I will probably just sell it as one complete unit for the same price. I have a 270 wing awning w/ annex and floor. Two mattresses coming as well one 3" and a 2.5" I'll test them both. The sample tent has a two piece ladder, but the production run tents will all get the telescopic ladders.

I'll post all the specs once the pieces arrive and I confirm all the details I requested. Thicker material, all stainless fixtures and hardware, extra vents, recessed insert holes for spring rods, oversized YKK zippers, LED strip lighting, 22000mAh 5.8A power bank charger/battery with 3 ports to name just a few upgrades..

Very cool addition Jason.

Thanks Stan. I told you I was going to do this... Just a little sooner than I was planning. HA!

J

Dude, way to go man! I am impressed with people like u! U have an awesome parts selection for these rigs, and the rrt is the cherry on the cake. I see suspension too on the list?!?! So much for us mere office workers, taking it in the chin from the boss...

I'm working on my Tough Dog stocking order (40, 60, 70, 80, 100 & 200 series) along with the TourFlex extended travel springs for the 80 and 100 series now. I'm also a King (shocks and components) dealer now for all you guys that want to go down that road.

I'll be placing my RTT stocking order in a few weeks (after I inspect all the samples and use it for a few weeks (hunting/fishing time) and will have these available with special introductory MUD pricing.

I appreciate all the guys that can do the office jobs... I simply can NOT do it... I'd kill somebody...

Thanks for the interest.

J

Nice, thanks for the answer Jason. all of that sounds fantastic. I look forward to when they arrive.
the 3" might be good, just make sure it folds well. Mine may be up for sale sooner than later (my wife may kill me, so who knows)

I have one of those office jobs. I see it as a means to an end as I plan to start my own business in the next few years. I work in IT and thankfully I enjoy it.
I enjoy being out and in the wild more though. I can agree with you, there are days when I just want to walk away from it all.........i then tell myself, stick to the plan.

Nice, thanks for the answer Jason. all of that sounds fantastic. I look forward to when they arrive.
the 3" might be good, just make sure it folds well. Mine may be up for sale sooner than later (my wife may kill me, so who knows)

I have one of those office jobs. I see it as a means to an end as I plan to start my own business in the next few years. I work in IT and thankfully I enjoy it.
I enjoy being out and in the wild more though. I can agree with you, there are days when I just want to walk away from it all.........i then tell myself, stick to the plan.

The 3" is their new memory/closed cell insulating design. They say it folds easier than the 2.5". Plus we're discussing fitted flannel and 400Ct cotton/poly sheets and a 1.5" down pad/comforter.

J

Dude J, that is going to be like the Shangri-La of tents right there... How about a dedicated slot for something like a HeatBuddy (LOL just kidding really).
Hell that thing is going to be nicer than my current tent, or any tent I have had in past years, and probably last as long as my current tent (which was my dads that he bought in AUS in 1973).

Dude J, that is going to be like the Shangri-La of tents right there... How about a dedicated slot for something like a HeatBuddy (LOL just kidding really).
Hell that thing is going to be nicer than my current tent, or any tent I have had in past years, and probably last as long as my current tent (which was my dads that he bought in AUS in 1973).

Well.... and those luxuries are for me... I'm a puss anymore it seems... Andrea just laughs when I start talking about the options.... If I could figure out how to install an elevator, it'd be done.

J

Well.... and those luxuries are for me... I'm a puss anymore it seems... Andrea just laughs when I start talking about the options.... If I could figure out how to install an elevator, it'd be done.

J

That is the killer for me, Heather says no way no how. Thinking maybe on a trailer. We'll camp on the ground for now. I do like the idea of a trailer. Just the capacity to carry an extra spare and water makes me happy. Being able to pack up the trail gear all in one spot is a huge bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom