Builds Poppy- '84 FJ60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the killer for me, Heather says no way no how. Thinking maybe on a trailer. We'll camp on the ground for now. I do like the idea of a trailer. Just the capacity to carry an extra spare and water makes me happy. Being able to pack up the trail gear all in one spot is a huge bonus.
Im with Stan on this one.... Wife and I are still very much tent campers and will be for quite some time unless we come across something we just cant be without AND can afford. Recently saw the new Airstream Bascamp and would love something with those amenities and that small of a footprint but at $45k for one (its an Airstream though) I mean really?!

That is the killer for me, Heather says no way no how. Thinking maybe on a trailer. We'll camp on the ground for now. I do like the idea of a trailer. Just the capacity to carry an extra spare and water makes me happy. Being able to pack up the trail gear all in one spot is a huge bonus.

S,

The trailer avenue is nice for longer trips and being able to play a little more (drop and go).

I've slept in my cousin's Eezi-Awn, which is a really nice tent, IMO. My SIL's ARB Simpson III, which was the worst 4 day weekend ever for sleeping. I think I'm too HEAVY for that mattress (270#). I have one of these new in the box sitting in the garage from a previous deal, bad decision for my personal use... I've had it for sale below all other pricing and can't sell it.

I slept in this style of sample tent for a couple of nights and really enjoyed it. Comfy, stable, warm and surprisingly quiet for being close (within a mile) to I-70, which brought me to seeking them out for a TT production tent. I'm excited to try the 3" mattress.

J

I'm working on my Tough Dog stocking order (40, 60, 70, 80, 100 & 200 series) along with the TourFlex extended travel springs for the 80 and 100 series now. I'm also a King (shocks and components) dealer now for all you guys that want to go down that road.

I'll be placing my RTT stocking order in a few weeks (after I inspect all the samples and use it for a few weeks (hunting/fishing time) and will have these available with special introductory MUD pricing.

I appreciate all the guys that can do the office jobs... I simply can NOT do it... I'd kill somebody...

Thanks for the interest.

J
U know Jason, I'm fortunate to have a job. After all there are plenty people who can barely make ends meet. Had I stayed in Romania and not emigrated I would have followed through and become a forestry engineer. At least that what I would call it. I came here to the good ol'USA and took any job I could find. At this point I would leave my job tomorrow but with a wife and child...not so easy. Anyhow, sorry for going off topic but I'll def be buying stuff from u soon. Keep it up buddy.

U know Jason, I'm fortunate to have a job. After all there are plenty people who can barely make ends meet. Had I stayed in Romania and not emigrated I would have followed through and become a forestry engineer. At least that what I would call it. I came here to the good ol'USA and took any job I could find. At this point I would leave my job tomorrow but with a wife and child...not so easy. Anyhow, sorry for going off topic but I'll def be buying stuff from u soon. Keep it up buddy.

I understand. I live in an oil/gas... coal.. trona sector and its either busy or dead, hardly ever a steady medium. It's been rough around here for a couple of years. I job hopped A LOT when I way younger and finally went out on my own and was very fortunate with the outcome.

Keep your head up and your future is in your hands...

J

Hell that thing is going to be nicer than my current tent, or any tent I have had in past years
It is nicer than a lot of places I have lived over the years!

All,

This week an executive decision was made to no longer make regular offering bumpers after this year. I have a limited amount of shells and parts to finish a few more, but no more will be made when they are gone.

The only way I will build bumpers in the future is to have a true custom one-off order AND that the rig be in my shop.

While profitable, they are too time consuming and heavy for me to deal with anymore for the money that is made in my opinion. I have a few people that have been in touch with me over the past few months and I will let them know, BUT these will be first come first served.

I've decided to focus more on specialty items and things that can be produced daily (my workday time). I've decided that racks and sliders will be the only two products that will be regularly produced. This also allows me time to get back to building cruisers, which I've been trying to do for quite some time. No DIY kits will be offered anymore either.

Other items will continue to be designed and released as my time spare time allows.

If you are interested please let me know. I will accept a non-refundable deposit to hold a bumper for a limited time.

Thanks,
Jason

Current available list:

SEE BELOW!

Last edited:
PM sent on a 60 rear

Well.... and those luxuries are for me... I'm a puss anymore it seems... Andrea just laughs when I start talking about the options.... If I could figure out how to install an elevator, it'd be done.

J

You could always get one of these inflatable evac slides. You'd want the beer cooler at the bottom...I think the one on the left is the party model

PHOTO_Interiors_3%20Inflatable%20Systems.jpg

All,

This week an executive decision was made to no longer make regular offering bumpers after this year. I have a limited amount of shells and parts to finish a few more, but no more will be made when they are gone.

The only way I will build bumpers in the future is to have a true custom one-off order AND that the rig be in my shop.

While profitable, they are too time consuming and heavy for me to deal with anymore for the money that is made in my opinion. I have a few people that have been in touch with me over the past few months and I will let them know, BUT these will be first come first served.

Jason,

You're more than ten years younger than me, and I've been doing this since 1990....I get to stop first.

Crap, this means i wont have the ultimate rear bumper for my 61... But i totally get the reasons. Stay healthy!!

May have to just come visit....

Jason,

You're more than ten years younger than me, and I've been doing this since 1990....I get to stop first.

Dave,

Yes, while younger, I been welding off and on for a living since '91. I will continue making racks, sliders and misc other small items.

J

Jason,
I'm going to want one of the fj60 rear bumpers. I'd like a front too if you're up for it. Looking at receiver, double swing-out with tire carrier and h-lift on driver side and ladder with receiver for basket on the passenger side.

THANKSGIVING/BLACK FRIDAY RACK SALE

I've gotten several PM's and emails on this...

Yes, mounts are part of the free shipping and special pricing..

I have a limited supply of slider parts for all series, but PM me if interested in sliders or mini sliders for the 60s. If you are looking for 60 bumpers... SORRY all gone.

Happy Thanksgiving guys,

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom