Pop Up Camper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer said:
Thanks guys.

bigjhoov, can't see your pics. Red X's to me.

I was thinking of a Jayco Baja or a 10rt, but this 2nd home info is interesting. I looked it up under IRS pub 936 and it does say Mobile trailer with Bed and bathroom counts. Is the only benifit interest deduction on taxes?

How about now?

One other thing to consider if you are buying new. Montana is the largest RV dealing state because of sales tax. Zippo sales tax. Depending upon how your state works if you use the 2nd home thing you may not have to pay sales tax on it if you buy in zero sales tax state. Oregon isn't too far for you Kalifornians. It might be worth a trip.

One other deal you need to be careful of with the bigger units if you go that way is water. You may be under your tow limit but when you add water and fill up the tanks and add gear you might go over. If you are in an accident this could be a big problem. I met an RV guy in OR last summer who told me that most of the big 5th wheels behind the diesel pickups were over GVW ratings when loaded. He said on his previous rig he could only fill the water tank half full and be legal. He moved up to one of those mini semis.

And brakes. Trailer brakes might be mandatory in your state. Some states say anything over 1500lbs must have brakes.

Regarding GVW, that is well said, Eric. Those are things that a lot of purchasers do not take into account until after the trailer is purchased. The last thing anyone wants is an overweight trailer that is out of control on the road. That could open up a legal/financial nightmare.

For more detailed info on campers, I would go to http://www.rv.net/forum/. You will be able to find user reviews for each model that you are considering.

Have a look at the Knaus T@B-Off Road

taboffroad_03_m_07.jpg

Its even available in the United States , some more good Information on the International Webpage

By the way......146mpH .....;)
rekord.jpg

World Record with a camping Trailer.

Last edited:
I never heard of the 2nd home dealie...interesting... :)

My 11RT came with a fridge, stove, toilet, and and 2 showers. I think it might qualify :).

The difference in price between the 10RT and 11RT was not all that much, but you get quite a bit more (than just the deck up front). Some of the stuff that came with mine were options, but I guess I got lucky that the price of the options wasn't reflected in my final purchase price.

As much as I'm trying I just can't see romer in a vintage rv :)

Personally, I like it.

Last edited:
here are a few pics (nice bronco :D)

Thanks, I like it. It goes against the grain of what most Bronco's are now adays. I 'm still running the inline 6, 3 on the tree, and manual steering and brakes. I also run the steelies and 33/9.50's. I just like the old school look.

I dig the Fj40's done up that way too. I'd love to have one. I live about 5 minutes from CCOT, so I go over there every so often to check out what they are working on. I had a '69 Nissan Patrol before the Bronco, but I gave up on it due to lack of parts availability.

Jerry

bigjhoov said:
Thanks, I like it. It goes against the grain of what most Bronco's are now adays. I 'm still running the inline 6, 3 on the tree, and manual steering and brakes. I also run the steelies and 33/9.50's. I just like the old school look.

I dig the Fj40's done up that way too. I'd love to have one. I live about 5 minutes from CCOT, so I go over there every so often to check out what they are working on. I had a '69 Nissan Patrol before the Bronco, but I gave up on it due to lack of parts availability.

Jerry

I had a 70 bronco for a couple years. Loved that thing. :D
I wouldn't mind owning one again...if I could find a nice clean one again.

I pull a Jayco Baja 10 footer with my 1993 80 series. It is a great match up with the 2.5 OME heavies, and the vehicle averages about 12-13 mpg when towing fully loaded.

With 2 young kids, a trailer makes a camping trip enjoyable. After two days in a tent, it turns to work quickly. We've used the trailer in everything from 9500' camping in the sierras to a week in Death Valley. The wife likes the heater on those rare occasions we need to use it. We always 'dry camp', but with two large 6 volt batteries, we have plenty of juice for lights, etc. The fridge is propane, and there are dual tanks.

Our typical mode of operation is to create a base camp, and explore from there. While the Jayco is lifted, I don't think I'd want to pull it on the Racetrack road for a couple of hours. It is plenty well built for dirt roads, but ruts at high speed can shake most things apart. I'll try finding some pics if anyone is interested.

-Eric

sleeoffroad said:
Just a FYI, we are getting set up to sell these
2006-Model-on-River-1Websiz.jpg

Have two new and one used one in stock. More details here

www.kingkampers.com

Look for them at Round-Up in TX, Cruise Moab and Surf and Turf

oh...sure...now you're selling them...greeeeeaaaattttt...
I done went and got myself a pop-up.

;p

Any estimate on pricing yet?

Christo has one setup in his showroom and they are really cool. If you were going off into the backcountry for a month, this would be the perfect rig with all the toys. Nice for weekend jaunts to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom