Plug for ARB/Engel/Norcold (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have the 120V connection (there were dozens of them at a local thrift store) but I am still unable to find a match for the 12V end...

Any luck?

cruiseroutfit said:
I have the 120V connection (there were dozens of them at a local thrift store) but I am still unable to find a match for the 12V end...

Any luck?
I am missing the DC cord for one of my fridges, I emailed norcold and never got a reply. One of these days I will give a RV supply place a call, they seem to be able to get parts for the norcold fridges, at least the built in RV versions, so maybe they can get me a cord?

firetruck41 said:
...so maybe they can get me a cord?

Let us know if you find a source... :D

firetruck41 said:
I am missing the DC cord for one of my fridges, I emailed norcold and never got a reply. One of these days I will give a RV supply place a call, they seem to be able to get parts for the norcold fridges, at least the built in RV versions, so maybe they can get me a cord?

THey probably won't. I called norcold and they won't give a retail price. It's one of my pet peeves for companies that set the price not to even give the high retail to a consumer direct. Anyway rant off. I called a norcold service center and asked for a price on the 191240400 which is the 12v dc cord. It's been superseeded but I forgot to get the #. Anyway it was $89.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: For a fawking cord :confused: I can see why your scouring the net for one. :popcorn:

Kurt your ought to see if you can be a norcold dealer. :idea:

wesintl said:
...Anyway it was $89.00 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: For a fawking cord :confused: I can see why your scouring the net for one. :popcorn:

Kurt your ought to see if you can be a norcold dealer. :idea:

What the hell is it made of? I paid a couple bucks for the AC one at a thrift store, they literally had dozens of them and hundreds of other cords, but not the end I needed, I am going to keep checking back...

Dealer, Hmmm, I will look into it :D

I noticed the pics above about the AC cord and it looks generic. My AC cord is a generic SHIH YANG while the DC is a SAWAFUJI. Some how I bet finding a generic dc cord might be a task.

The DC plug looks a lot like the ones found on 120/12v medical equipment. I don't have a source, but it might a place to start looking.

97 FZJ80 said:
Why are the DC cords differently priced for the 33 and 42 qts?

Sssssshhhhhh! Its a secret way for me to make an extra 30 cents :D for those that don't realize the part numbers are the same ;)

OK, its a typo, I'll get it fixed, thanks for bringing it to my attention :D

Tag

Found an ancient Norcold model V2000 fridge at a garrage sale for $20, no DC cord, gonnat need the pics in this thread later,

Try this http://www.davesport.com/

$24.00 plus shipping. Better quality than the original with the cheap internals that Pismojim was talking about.

David Sword

...Better quality than the original with the cheap internals that Pismojim was talking about...

12V DC CORD - 31/41QT M191222300X0 $24.00

Interesting, so what is different? Can you confirm its actually different?

Kurt, whats the difference between the M191240400X9 & M191242210X0 cords?

I found a Very old Norcold freezer only, model V2000, the DC plug looks to be the same as your pictures above, do both of those cords have the same plug end? does either have larger wire than the other? this old model draws more than the newer fridges (4.5A running, more starting)

I have found a schematic for this one and the two parallels are both +, the odd one out is negative,

Kurt, whats the difference between the M191240400X9 & M191242210X0 cords?...

The 2210X0 is meant to be hard-wired, it doesn't have a cig. lighter attachement. I havn't compared the two side by side to investigate the wire sizes, but I will... I think I have them both in stock.

Now I want to see what a M191222300X0 is...

12V DC CORD - 31/41QT M191222300X0 $24.00

Interesting, so what is different? Can you confirm its actually different?

My old cord has a straight plug where it plugs in to the fridge. The new one is angled, which is nice. The new plug screws together and is modular and robust. The old plug was really cheap. The aluminum tip was really thin, the fuse was tensioned by a bent piece of metal that didn't work very well, there was no strain relief on the cord, the stripped ends of the power cord were held in the plug by bent pieces of metal that were the conductors to the fuse, and the plug itself was held together by some tiny screws that were hard to get out and then were easily lost.

David Sword

My old cord has a straight plug where it plugs in to the fridge. The new one is angled, which is nice. The new plug screws together and is modular and robust. The old plug was really cheap. The aluminum tip was really thin, the fuse was tensioned by a bent piece of metal that didn't work very well, there was no strain relief on the cord, the stripped ends of the power cord were held in the plug by bent pieces of metal that were the conductors to the fuse, and the plug itself was held together by some tiny screws that were hard to get out and then were easily lost.

David Sword

Hmmm, the M191240400X9 replacement cords I have in stock have the angled plug, and a seemingly high quality plug on them. They are 16ga. wires and the thermal fuse.

I think the new cords suppied with the fridges and the replacements are better than the old ones. My original cord was from a cooler that is about five years old.

David Sword

I have an older Norcold fridge that I bought from another Mudder years ago. I am finally getting around to a dual battery set-up and want to use this fridge. I have an AC cord but no DC cord. Has anyone found a reasonable source/cost for a DC cord replacement for these older fridges?

Just got mine from Kurt of cruiser outfitters (see post #27) works great with my 80's freezer,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom