Please help me decide wheel change (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So what's missing in the 8-speed with 35s? It's software. The transmission calibration is not ideal even with enough physical gearing. Using the ECT Power mode may help with feel. Jeeps have flash tunes available for their trannies when going bigger tires. Thinking out loud (crazy I know!), I wonder if messing with accelerometer/yaw sensor by physically shimming the leading edge or zero point calibrate it with vehicle nose down, so the vehicle thinks it's going uphill slightly might help with shift points? Not even sure this sensor feeds into the shift map but I suspect it might.

HPTuner's support of the 07-15 LC says "including transmission". I don't really know what this entails but I'm hoping when they crack 16+ they also include support for the 8 speed.

After having the new size wheels and tires, I have noticed a tremendous and positive difference in mpg and most importantly...power. Another benefit is my tire track much better on the freeway, less floating. It literally drives like a better suv should. I will never go back to anything over 34” and a 12.50 width tire again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom