playtime for HENDOG (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Now that most of my major tasks with the little red truck are done[except the sound deadening project], we're gonna do a little modernizing on the cab. We've got some extra holes in the dash owing to the twin stick option, and HENDOG would like some cigarette lighter plugs and a map light installed.

I posted a picture of the available holes in the dash mostly for his benefit, but constructive suggestions are welcome.:)

I'm thinking that the hole on the upper left [formerly 4WD indicator] would be a good location for the base of the map light. The holes below it, and to the right of it [which are in the same horizontal plane] would be good for the lighter sockets. Two people have mentioned to me that there is a USB socket available, and HENDOG might want to consider that.;)

Finally, I'm thinking the two smaller vertical holes that were for the Hi-Lo shifter could be used to mount a dock for a device like cellphone, GPS, or something techie like that.

ALL accessories will be wired to a separate fuse block to ensure the safety of the factory wiring harness.

:cheers:

CIMG0853.JPG

Round one complete:

CIMG0868.JPG

Love the wood mod

how was the fit of the lighter socket? need to widen the one hole?

The answer is, it depends...either a little or a lot. HENDOG sent me some marine sockets that required a 1 3/16ths hole. Very robust, but a bit on the large side.

When I was back in VA/PA in July for Coal Miner Cruiser Classic, I saw that Stale Ale had installed 3 or 4 sockets in his 40 series that did not seem as large, but still had the protective bootie. I called him and, sure enough, they only required a 7/8 hole [which is slightly larger than the hole for the hi-lo linkage]. Sockets are not as robust, but are less invasive. So that's what we went with.

I am considering using the larger ones in a couple of my rigs, to the right of the glovebox door, where the FST courtesy light would go.;)

I put one of the larger ones inside of my glove box on the left wall. Nice way to have power, but hide it and keep the old look. FYI

I am thinking usb to a hidden stereo would be nice. Ive looked at rocktheboat something .com they have some nice small remote faceplate stereos that have a usb for iphone/android. I will probably mount a remote usb power somewhere below a seat as well. I was also toying with a second old school headlight switch to power some led bolts and old school fogs. Led bolts to replace the two that hold the column in and some others hidden to provide footwell lighting type of thing.
Keep the ideas coming. Your doing a great job.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using IH8MUD

I am thinking usb to a hidden stereo would be nice. Ive looked at rocktheboat something .com they have some nice small remote faceplate stereos that have a usb for iphone/android. I will probably mount a remote usb power somewhere below a seat as well. I was also toying with a second old school headlight switch to power some led bolts and old school fogs. Led bolts to replace the two that hold the column in and some others hidden to provide footwell lighting type of thing.
Keep the ideas coming. Your doing a great job.

Link to said LED bolts? I don't get out much. D'oh

Upgraded wiper arms and blades ready to install.:)

CIMG0870.jpg

Mark when im back from our tlca event ill find em

Cool Old school and Modern comfort Meet!!!! What a magician:clap::clap::clap:
Keep it Coming!!!

Sorry I haven't been on Mud much Lately Heres an Update! 6 Months till I hang up my Helmet!!!

Burbank, Ca. to Cruiser Crawl- Hot Springs, AK.
Leave Oct 4th​
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes it is true, I guess I will let the cat out of the bag, making that cross the country Drive we all dreamed about as Young men but never managed to pull off!!!

Mudshiping (Via 1965 Fj45-SWB) available (Limited Space). Leaving Marks Offroad Oct.4th enroute to Hot Springs Ark.---Southern Cruiser Crawl , Then Home to Atlanta as well!!!

Tentative Route: Burbank,Ca. , Death Valley, North Rim Grand Canyon, Four Corners, Possible Moab, Colorado, on to Hot Springs, Then on to Atlanta. Nothing is written in stone---Looking for Awesome views, Unusual, Unique Stuff and People!!!.

:princess:+ Hendog could use :beer::beer::beer: , Suggestions,and Accomadations along the way as well!

We've got a guest room north of Denver that you're welcome to.
Tentative Route: Burbank,Ca. , Death Valley, North Rim Grand Canyon, Four Corners, Possible Moab, Colorado, on to Hot Springs, Then on to Atlanta. Nothing is written in stone---Looking for Awesome views, Unusual, Unique Stuff and People!!!.

:princess:+ Hendog could use :beer::beer::beer: , Suggestions,and Accomadations along the way as well!

Two wiper motors not functioning! Not a problem in Sunny Southern California.

Try these Mark---On the way to your shop!

If you need to run 2 Wiper Motors, here's the best deal going on a PAIR of our Brand New 12 Volt Windshield Wiper Motor Kits!

Our Wiper Motors are High Grade Stainless Steel and are a "universal" application, meaning

they're great for Rat Rods, Street Rods, Vintage Cars and Trucks of all types. They even

work great on the older Jeep models. This package includes two of our 12 Volt Electric Wiper Motors,

two 11" Arms, two 9" Blades, and all necessary Hardware & Instructions.

Universal Application
Great For Street Rods, Jeeps, And Vintage Cars And Trucks
Motor Constructed Of High Grade Stainless Steel
12V Motor with Automatic Stop Feature & Metal Drive Gearing
11" Arm, 110 Degree Swing (Adjustable)
9" Blade (Middle Insert Type)
Complete Package Includes 2 Wiper Motor Kits

Ebay Seller : seidiedog
Price: US $84.95

45 Wiper motors.jpg

Sure I can throw it behind the seat!

The question is will it be ready!!!

Sure I can throw it behind the seat!

The question is will it be ready!!!

Chris, what HENDOG knows, that you don't [yet] is that I burned half an hour of very valuable time today driving the head we talked about to my machine shop only to have the owner refuse to let me unload it! I should have seen this coming.

When I showed up at the beginning of April with the engine for Shrek60 [I think he now goes by sheepdawg] the shop was so backed up they couldn't take the engine. It ended up taking almost a month to get it in for the rebuild.

So the owner has finally drawn a line in the sand in order to get caught up with previous commitments. I know the feeling. I am very close to that point myself. I'm sorry, but i just have so many irons in the fire, I just don't have the time to research another shop right now. If anything changes, I'll let you know.;)

I'm sorry

No worries, Mark. I've plenty to do, for now.

Hendog,

Fenders and head are a no go, but when your plans solidify to include a trip through Tulsa, will extend offers of lunch, dinner, coffee, or beers, time dependent.

Before Onur has opportunity to say I'm an ungracious host since I did neglect the food component on his trip through town, will pre-defend by stating that I did meet him at the door with all his requests granted, except the lingerie component.

Chris

No worries, Mark. I've plenty to do, for now. Hendog, Fenders and head are a no go, but when your plans solidify to include a trip through Tulsa, will extend offers of lunch, dinner, coffee, or beers, time dependent. Before Onur has opportunity to say I'm an ungracious host since I did neglect the food component on his trip through town, will pre-defend by stating that I did meet him at the door with all his requests granted, except the lingerie component. Chris

:lol:

Classic Chris.

Will let you know our plans as we get closer to Hot Springs and that time approaches~!!! Very Liquid Plans.

No worries, Mark. I've plenty to do, for now.

Hendog,

Fenders and head are a no go, but when your plans solidify to include a trip through Tulsa, will extend offers of lunch, dinner, coffee, or beers, time dependent.

Before Onur has opportunity to say I'm an ungracious host since I did neglect the food component on his trip through town, will pre-defend by stating that I did meet him at the door with all his requests granted, except the lingerie component.

Chris

Head is now a 'go'...from my end.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom