Pioneer Tool Trailer/ camp Trailer (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that thing is awesome! nice find.

This is awesome. It's a little heavy for my tastes, but definitely a cool trailer!

Can we see some more pics of your trailer. I really like those. But it seems the walls are a little low and if you needed to stack stuff it might get shifted around when traveling and fall out when you opened the sides. Had any issues with this? I will be keeping an eye out for one around here...:)

I know thats why I posted. :) It sounds like he's gettign higher offers now, not sure if I want an enclosed trailer or not. But for specifically camping it looks like it cannot be beat.

Definately worth that price in my opinion. If you want to get rid of a lot of the weight you can always remove the box or cut it down. It is a little heavy for a trail trailer but I use it mostly to set up an elk base camp.

Also, if you swap the axle and get some lighter weight wheels/tires, you can probably save around 200lbs.

Yes the axle on mine is rated at 9,000 lbs. :eek: When I pulled the hubs apart it looked like original grease and almost no wear on the brakes and other parts. The tires still had the little nubs too. I thought about swapping the axle but can't get myself to get rid of one that is practically new. You will find it difficult to find a hub with a 6-lug toyota pattern though. Larry at ABC trailerparts went out of his way to help but we missed one measurement that ended being an important one. I am going to find some newer 8 lug rims and mount some 285x 17 tires which will fill out the fenders a little better.

Long Overdue additions

Well.. finally got some more work done to the trailer.... ripped out the sink from the inside.... built a box with a welder off the wheel wells. added struts for easy up... cut down and welded a coleman stove to the outside.... plumbed an eco-temp which feeds... sink, shower, and outside hose for spray down cleaning.... help with dressing elk.....:grinpimp:... built a front rack for cans.... and put the spare tire under the back compartment.... next up.... built in awning and tent!!!
TRAILER.RESIZE.JPG

more.

ooopss. forgot to mention the metal shelving for much needed internal organization.... cutting with a grinder sucks...:hillbilly:

So I got curious, went looking. Very cool design, I like it. Current sale ad. $1650 but holy crap #3000 lbs!! Gonna need a
bigger truck to tow this thing around, unless that is a GVW with tools.
Anyhow, here it is

1988_Pioneer_Tool_Trailer_PK076P

but holy crap #3000 lbs!! Gonna need a bigger truck to tow this thing around, unless that is a GVW with tools.

Yep - loaded! Empty is 740#.

1988_Pioneer_Tool_Outfit_Trailer_PKO76P_iii.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom