Pin for Timing Belt Idler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After my timing disaster, I am putting everything back together. Noticed a missing pin, when compared to other photos:

image.png

I believe this is part 90250-06068, which Partsouq lists as "PIN, STRAIGHT":

image.png

9025006068.jpg

Do you guys think that is the right part?

Thanks,

A.

That looks like the right bit to me.

Is this the 1HD/1HZ equivalent to the Cummins Killer Dowel Pin? :)

It's starting to appear that way. I'm going to pull my cover and look at mine.

Is this the 1HD/1HZ equivalent to the Cummins Killer Dowel Pin? :)

I certainly wouldn't say its a regular event. I've been on MUD 13 years and its the first one I have seen let go. Generally the timing belt assembly on the 1 HZ/PZ/HD T has been super reliable. If it was a weak point, the mining industry would have found it by now.

I don't know the the pin was causation or symptom. Did receive it, though, so I can figure out how to bang it into the hole…

Does the FSM say how the pin should be fitted?

I certainly wouldn't say its a regular event. I've been on MUD 13 years and its the first one I have seen let go. Generally the timing belt assembly on the 1 HZ/PZ/HD T has been super reliable. If it was a weak point, the mining industry would have found it by now.

Agreed. Over a similar time frame, I've seen maybe 4 or 5 stories of failures across, multiple forums.
a couple have been where a reused tension spring is the failure point.

Agreed. Over a similar time frame, I've seen maybe 4 or 5 stories of failures across, multiple forums.
a couple have been where a reused tension spring is the failure point.

Which reminds me I reused my old one after the new one rolled away and got lost. My old one was kind of in spec so I reused it and I have a new one waiting, so I must do it soon.
I can imagine a newb over stretching that spring trying to get it over the lug. It can be a pain 1st time

@roscoFJ73 change that spring! Fifteen dollar spring vs engine rebuild. :eek:

I wonder if the newer hydraulic tensioner is interchangeable? The idle pulley still mounts the same way though.
the tensioner is a more expensive part, and I still change it for a new one along with the new timing belt

I think after reading @carbon60 troubles, OEM pulley and tensioner is probably a good investment for a bit more confidence.
Not to say OEM stuff can't fail, but it is of a known quality.

@roscoFJ73 change that spring! Fifteen dollar spring vs engine rebuild. :eek:
As I said it was kind of in spec which means right on the limit. I imagine that Toyota have built some wiggle room into it. But it will be done soon. Ill probably have a work day on it this week. I got to bleed the brakes and get the handbrake working as well so its not going out much at the moment

I would gently tap it in after applying some type of Loctite retainer to ensure it stays in place. Maybe something like Loctite 638.

The pin didn't even come out when i changed out my timing belt and tensioner pulley earlier this week and I wasn't even able to pull it out so I left it alone.

The new pin is very tight, should not be coming out. But I bought 5…

How did you put it in. Buying 5 sounds a bit pessimistic.:frown:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom