PIG THREAD (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I looked at this one yesterday. The paint is a textured bed-liner type that was rolled on. I could not tell the original color. Some of the body has been patched, other rust holes need work. I didn't look closely because as soon as I saw it I knew it was rougher than what I was interested in. One of the worst holes is in the driver's foot well with a rotted hole around the body mount. Other minor rust holes around the lower body.

Missing some small items, a wiper arm, side marker lights, key cylinders in doors. Since I was not interested in purchase I didn't check the rear window, etc.

The owner, Josh, said he got it from his brother in payment of a debt and that he had $4500 in it plus about $2k for the roof rack and lights.

Stock engine but missing the F air cleaner housing, had a cone filter over the carb.

Locals guy I see around now and then.. good thing he was in a 55 or I’d never been able to run him down in the 60 :) I know he’s on mud.. I think he’s @tyama and I believe he’s the guy that found Jerry’s pig
64C5B677-D667-46C9-A673-433217627C6E.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, we may be joining the piggy club sooner than later. Not a done deal, but will report back when I have more details.

Teaser

32765-1.jpg

Are you officially a member of team pork?

We are going to check it out in person tomorrow afternoon and if all goes well and is as advertised, I plan to drive it home.

Will post pictures when the deal is done, but I will say that if all goes to plan, I will be looking for a set of stock wheels and center caps for it. But since it is a '69, I reckon the riveted wheels off the pile could be repurposed for the interim. Other than stock wheels and new tires, don't plan to touch it, maybe just an @wngrog linseed oil rub down and roll.

We are going to check it out in person tomorrow afternoon and if all goes well and is as advertised, I plan to drive it home.

Will post pictures when the deal is done, but I will say that if all goes to plan, I will be looking for a set of stock wheels and center caps for it. But since it is a '69, I reckon the riveted wheels off the pile could be repurposed for the interim. Other than stock wheels and new tires, don't plan to touch it, maybe just an @wngrog linseed oil rub down and roll.

Oh man. Yes.

Mark your calendar

078A4969-61D4-45AF-9141-1447F7798FED.jpeg

Well we went and looked it over this afternoon. It is as advertised, but my plan to drive it home fell thru. The truck runs and drives, but it has a Wicked bad vacuum leak on the intake I believe, and screams like a banshee when running. Like ear piercing screeching. Plus it was getting dark and since I had planned to drive it, I didnt bring the trailer, so I am planning a return trip to pick it up next week.

Here are a couple pics that we grabbed today.

0908181750.jpg

33008.jpeg

And yes that is another piggy peeking out in the first one. He has 2 more, solid blue and a pale green and white one. (Others are not for sale at this time, but I will grab some pics when I go back)

It is a 1969, pretty much all original other than the wagon wheels and a weber carb (which I believe to be the source of the awful scream in some way). Rockers have minor rust, but feel solid. Floors are showing a little surface rust, but look and feel solid. For a 50 year old rig, it looks to be very complete and solid.

Plan is to head back up saturday morning with my dad riding shotgun and load 'im up and haul him home. I will keep you posted.

Last edited:
I’ll show you all the places the rust is hiding and show you how to make it stop.

Super nice find I believe.

City Racer is sold out of his good $285 carbs right now but @FJ60Cam may have one.

I’ll have one for sale in a few weeks when I get my OEM stuff from @FJ40Jim for my piggie

I’ll show you all the places the rust is hiding and show you how to make it stop.

Super nice find I believe.

City Racer is sold out of his good $285 carbs right now but @FJ60Cam may have one.

I’ll have one for sale in a few weeks when I get my OEM stuff from @FJ40Jim for my piggie

Thanks, I am going to be doing a lot of reading and research. I have a JimC carb that came with my 78 that I was told needs to be sent back for a "tune-up" that I was thinking about seeing if would fit, but it came off a 78 2F and I have no idea if that can happen. If that can happen then I will probably go that route.

It is going to need some door cards and the bench needs new foam and to be recovered. I will need some guidance on what I can get and where to get it when the time comes.

The most interesting thing ive seen so far is the FD pull knob for 4wd and the pull handle for hi-lo selection and the assortment of linkages and such that make that work... Crazy

There is a guy selling new door cards that are tempting me bad. Mine are too good though. Look in the Pig section it’s on the first page

Heck yes on the Jim C carb. He can certainly make it work.

I’m sure your Weber (gasp) just needs a new gasket. It can tie you over until you get it the proper lungs.

Man. You can have your seats done by your local Pedro WAY cheaper local.

Also check out @Cruiser Corps new website. It’s got its own Pig section.

I buy materials from him and have the local guy do the work.

Big Shout out to a1500RAM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom