Pig Picture Album (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 40. 4 wheel discs, 5.7 vortec, 4L60E, in-dash (hurricane) AC, ARB lockers, 35s

the pig (1F + H42, 60-series discs (TLC calipers) in front, SOA) is way moar pfun. Way more, and it’s about to get more fun.

I have a set of 60-series 3rds w/ 4.88s, chromoly birfs and inner axles, 37s on 17” FJ Cruiser plasti-dipped wheels, sliders, a split case and a rebuilt 4-speed either in-hand or on a truck from Seattle as I type here.

the 60-series housings are coming from what’s left of the 88 fj62. only 160k-ish miles on them. Going to use the existing high-steer stuff from the pig.

(The 62 body is moving to a fjz80 frame / drivetrain.)

all of that is destined for the pig soon. Gonna do the rear main seal while I’m swapping the trans/xfer case around.

After that it’s down to body stuff and electrical on the pig. Maybe I do a FF conversion for the rear axle someday.

I have a 40. 4 wheel discs, 5.7 vortec, 4L60E, in-dash (hurricane) AC, ARB lockers, 35s

the pig (1F + H42, 60-series discs (TLC calipers) in front, SOA) is way moar pfun. Way more, and it’s about to get more fun.

I have a set of 60-series 3rds w/ 4.88s, chromoly birfs and inner axles, 37s on 17” FJ Cruiser plasti-dipped wheels, sliders, a split case and a rebuilt 4-speed either in-hand or on a truck from Seattle as I type here.

the 60-series housings are coming from what’s left of the 88 fj62. only 160k-ish miles on them. Going to use the existing high-steer stuff from the pig.

(The 62 body is moving to a fjz80 frame / drivetrain.)

all of that is destined for the pig soon. Gonna do the rear main seal while I’m swapping the trans/xfer case around.

After that it’s down to body stuff and electrical on the pig. Maybe I do a FF conversion for the rear axle someday.
Been waiting for you to do a thread for us, mang! Wants to see more of that Pig!
:popcorn:

does a picture of the crate of parts destined for the pig count for the pics thread?

Contents:
Front and rear diffs, Nitro 4.88 gears, ARB lockers
Air compressor with wiring and switches
Air lines
Nitro chromoly inner shafts and birfield joints
5 37” tires and rims
1” wheel spacers.
Sliders (metaltech, one of the sets from the proto run)
Antiwrap bar
E-brake cable and handle

Pic of sliders and wheels / tires on the donor. Adam (Torfab) is going back to SUA.

No photo description available.

36CBB412-0329-4E03-A794-2D69E4F56FF5.jpeg

080E57AA-0C1F-4EB5-A6F5-FF5DCA435E77.jpeg

Last edited:
N ‘oooooooohs!’ about that crate you pictured?
Is Torfab going to put it in?
Excited!

No. Torfab is in Washington state. The crate contains parts off Adam's (@theside00) pig.
My pig (and the split case, and the 62 housings, etc) are all in Austin, TX.

I'm excited too.

They really didn't advertise them that much. Then and Now. I bought my 79 4x4 pickup brand new for $7400. Didn't see any Landcruisers at dealer. They did have a Yellow Treks. It was a pickup with fiberglass back. Had rear seat pre 4runner 👍😎

Man, I can remember going to the dealer's lot and sitting in the new 40 & 55 wagons. I had to wait until 1977 to afford one.

1977? I had just finished my Eagle Scout project and was still a bit too young to drive. My scoutmaster had a red FJ40, and I’m pretty sure that’s when the fever took hold.

They really didn't advertise them that much. Then and Now. I bought my 79 4x4 pickup brand new for $7400. Didn't see any Landcruisers at dealer. They did have a Yellow Treks. It was a pickup with fiberglass back. Had rear seat pre 4runner 👍😎

1570964889395.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom