Pig Party - 2017? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

driving with my GF and her FJC in the caravan. probably taking the whole week off and meandering around Colorado until we get there

We're driving from southern Illinois. As time gets closer I would love to try to plan to convoy with others at least part of the way. Scrapdaddy is pretty close... if anyone is coming trough here early, you are welcome at the Voodoo shop apartment. I've finished my axles, the suspension is on the shelf, radiator, wheels and tires are here too. The list gets shorter....

You're welcome to ride with us, if you can keep up, we roll a solid 60 MPH! :) With breaks on the hour.

Last edited:
i drive 60, too.... for a brief moment whilst getting my way up to 80!
Nah, I peg it at 65, tho I have gone 95. eak.

We're driving from southern Illinois. As time gets closer I would love to try to plan to convoy with others at least part of the way. Scrapdaddy is pretty close... if anyone is coming trough here early, you are welcome at the Voodoo shop apartment. I've finished my axles, the suspension is on the shelf, radiator, wheels and tires are here too. The list gets shorter....
I was born just up the road from you in Mt. Vernon, lived all over southern Illinois before we moved to MN when I was 13. Tons of family down there still. :) Look forward to having a beer.

I might be. Want to leave 3 days early maybe 4. 60! I'm scared :steer:.
if it's the blue pig...don't be too scared. i did over 60 quite a few times...now over 70...be afraid...be very afraid

20170213_131527.jpg
It's Ole Blue. :)

Voodoo, Bob and anybody else, if you're going through Missouri we could group up at our farm and head out. Time to get out the maps and have a look see.

That pic and other discussions of snow, that all being said, do i need to invest in chains?

Pictures?

That pic and other discussions of snow, that all being said, do i need to invest in chains?
Been wheeling in Colorado for about 20 years and never needed/used chains. (But I do have a winch) There should be plenty of trail options without hitting much snow. Now if you decide to do a snow run, and you don't have a winch, then maybe they are not a bad idea. :)

Durango or Montrose. There may be a few flights into Telluride.

Telluride would be the closest airport. -30 min but $$$$
Durango or Montrose might be more reasonable. +1.5 hrs ea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom