Pics of the tires you have on your 80 please. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2 Inch Lift - Stock wheels - Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX 255/85r16 - Pizza Cutters

PXL_20240320_211315463.MP.jpg

this assumes other people never do stupid shìt

true

AWD / Full Time 4wd provides a lot of safety benefits.

There's a stupid lady in Sydney that made it home to see her kids after pulling out in front of me and 2 other lanes of high spped taffic in wet conditions.
She absolutely ****** up, and the look on her face said she knew she was going to meet Allah.

Without full time 4x4 in my 80 giving me the capability to steer around her, there is not a chance in hell she wasn't gonna be dead.
Scariest moment of my driving life, and I've done some stupid shìt.

No question AWD made a difference in this instance.
The lady pulled blindly in front off two trucks and stopped in my lane with a split second for me to react.
The two trucks had to swerve to the edge of the road to avoid her.
I panic braked.
Skidded. And was sliding straight at her driver door.
I got off the brake and steered
Front end slid.
Stepped on the throttle.
Steered into incoming traffic. Incoming traffic swerved to miss me.
Steered back into my lane.
My back bumper just ever so slightly clipped her front bumper as I came past

@greentruck Interesting you liked this post today.
I T-boned a young kid yesterday who pulled out blind in front of me. Poor judgement on his part, but I guess the van in front of me turning right obscured his vision.
ABS definitely helped me wash off alot of speed without skidding. Still hit him fairly hard, lucky no-one was hurt. :(

@greentruck Interesting you liked this post today.
I T-boned a young kid yesterday who pulled out blind in front of me. Poor judgement on his part, but I guess the van in front of me turning right obscured his vision.
ABS definitely helped me wash off alot of speed without skidding. Still hit him fairly hard, lucky no-one was hurt. :(
Dang, sorry about that. People sometimes diss ABS but it can work very well when it's most needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom