Peter's Mill/Tasker Gap Trail Workdays (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StaleAle

MUD-aholic
SILVER Star
Threads
We are soliciting preferences for dates to do trail work at Tasker's Gap and Peter's Mill Trails. 1 full day with enough people should work. If not we will need a 2nd make up day.

Options are:
Feb 19
Feb 20 Presidents Day Holiday
Feb 25
Feb 26

Then a make up day.
March 18
March 19

There are blazes to be refreshed, culverts to be cleaned; trails to be cleared and signs to be replaced. Washington Trail Riders will have lunch provided. Its a family kind of day. Bring the kids and put them to work. Maybe get some wheeling/riding in (must conform to operator age and vehicle rules).

WATR is looking for a 4 wheeler or 2 to get supplies out to the places in need of repair. There are reports of a tree or two across the upper ridge trail on the Peters Mill side that will need to be cleared.

Mac, we need a USFS sawyer, here's your chance to put that monster saw of yours to work!

Please post up your preferences on the above dates.

Jon

I'm good with any days. And may be able to get my buddies utility ATV there.
By truck went in the shop I will not be able to bring my cruiser or ATV this weekend.

February 25 is going to be out for me.

Last edited:
The NFS workday has been postponed until March. The Ranger Station does not yet have the paint or signs they want us to use to remark all the trails. We are going to need several trucks to show up when we get this scheduled because there are culverts to be cleaned, trails to be marked, two trails with blowdowns to be cleared, and new signs to be installed. Too much work for only 2-3 guys.

I'll let you know when this gets scheduled.

25th weekend is my only open weekend in March. Once the exact date is posted I may be able to juggle dates a bit if it's not that weekend, but 50/50 best case scenario.

Im in just need the dates.

The next workday will be on March 18 @9am

John is this still a go?
There is going to be a lot if mud.
PM me there info I'll call them.

I dropped a note to Wade, I'll PM his phone number to ya

He gave my no to Andy?? Said he was heading up Saturday's cleanup. If no one else is in on a cleanup Saturday I will ware till next weekend after softball practice.

I spoke to Wade this morning. The WATR guys are still going up on Saturday to clear and mark trails, and anyone who can get free is encouraged to join them at 9am in the Edinburg Gap parking area. They will be easy to spot.

Wade also suggested we plan a work day in the coming weeks after the ice and snow is gone. He wants our help clearing the leaves and debris out of the culverts and that can't be done effectively while there is ice, snow, run-off or saturated soil in the ditches.

Ya I have softball practice at 9:00-11:00 That may be cancelled. I may go up with the ford.
I am up for next weekend but one guy ain't going to get much done. It looks like no one else wants to do work on the trail.

Made a trip throw Peters Mill today we have a tree down blocking the trail. It is to big for me to move by my self. We need some volenteers to come out and move this tree and clean some culverts.

Sorry Chris, I wanted to join you yesterday because I can't go next weekend, but Wade asked me to wait a few weeks before tackling the culverts. Is anyone available on April 1st?

Ok I may have to take my daughter to Morgantown for plasment test and engineering open house.

Sorry John I have to bail on Saturday. I have the season opener for softball.

I have to turn 50 Saturday, and it would be against my religion to do any manual labor on a holy day. Rest of April is fairly open, although Sundays are more free than Saturdays because of busy work season.

Sorry John I have to bail on Saturday. I have the season opener for softball.

No problem, Chris. I can't do anything this weekend either (burial of my Eponym).

Anyone available for a workday on April 8 or 9?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom