Perry Parts - Bump Stops - anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Search for "Perry Parts" came up empty. If anyone's got experience w/ these bump stops, please weigh in.....cheers!

I've had their front and rear bumpstops on my 460 since February and they seem to work as described, which is great. I installed at the same time as my Dobinsons MRA lift and the whole setup is a night and day difference. Obviously fancy shocks are doing a lot, but I can say that big hits/bottoming out into the bumpstops feels very well damped vs crashing into the stock setup. The "low speed soft, high speed firm" description from Perry Parts feels accurate and I am quite happy everything on and off road.

A buddy just ordered a set for his 1st gen Tundra that will be lifted in a couple weeks. I had recommended DuroBumps to him, but their price had basically doubled since I bought the Duros for my GX a couple of years ago. I'll let folks know how they work out.

In general - I love progressive bump stops and and can't imagine having a rig without them.

Rears ordered....."GXOR" is a valid coupon code which nets anyone 10% off, FYI.

Cheers!

Quick follow-up.....minor shipping error by PP, I reached out to Patrick (owner?) via email and he's fantastic. Tremendous customer support - he was genuinely concerned about quickly resolving a small mistake on their part (I was accidentally sent two Driver Side bump stops for the rear) and more than made up for it by simply being a legitimate small business owner who truly understands the importance of communicating and fixing a mistake.

That aside, the single installed bump stop is WAAAY better than what I previously had. The "slam" from the previous setup is completely gone and, in the short testing I did this morning, the progressive bump stops they sell work as advertised (again, just a "first impression" right now but definitely happy).

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

He has done nothing but good stuff on Facebook. I find it a little disturbing how hard the other bump manufacturers came for him when he started selling and made a legit comparison to the competition.

He has done nothing but good stuff on Facebook. I find it a little disturbing how hard the other bump manufacturers came for him when he started selling and made a legit comparison to the competition.
They others got waaaaay too expensive. I love my DuroBumps, but now they are nearly $500 vs. the $250 I paid in 2021. Good to see someone else selling them at a more reasonable price, and glad to hear they appear to be legit.

Glad I missed the drama - I'll post an update on your FB group once I get the second in and can do some final testing. Love to promote anyone who's innovating, doing right by their customers and isn't gouging anyone along the way. Thx for the feedback...

They others got waaaaay too expensive. I love my DuroBumps, but now they are nearly $500 vs. the $250 I paid in 2021. Good to see someone else selling them at a more reasonable price, and glad to hear they appear to be legit.

5-Hundy?!?! That's halfway to some new headers for....bump stops.

Cheers!

Just to wrap this up - all four corners installed w/ Perry Parts bump stops. Did some more testing this morning and everything is working as it should be (including a noticeable improvement over the old "THUNK!" I always experienced with my old setup).

I'm a "no news is good news" kind of guy - meaning that unless I see reason to report back that these aren't measuring up, please assume I'm happy with them as time goes on.

Take care....

Bump. I have the long travel in the rear and the fronts in the rear position. I love them.

I've had them for several months. Driven fast desert roads and slow crawls. They soften up the travel a lot during hard washouts and make the vehicle a lot smoother in N position. I had really considered hydraulic bumps, but now I'm very glad these parts exist. The front install was with a ton of loosen-er and two kinds of pliers. The first came off easily and the second took 2 weeks. The rears came off in 10 min.

I ended up swapping out the rears for normal height because I was hitting them too early and losing travel on severe bumps. They were exceptionally accommodating and great service all around. In either height, my LX would lower to full low.

Really recommend these for the 200 series.

Good "thread bump" and I'll also provide some more feedback despite my earlier mention of being a "no news is good news" guy.....these progressive stops are now something I don't even notice meaning they're doing exactly what they should without drawing any attention to themselves which makes me damn happy. Last hunting trip (August) definitely had me flexing enough to exercise the stops on numerous occasions getting to/from camp (I'm a "crawler", not someone who intentionally or aggressively overloads components) and everything was smooth, quiet and responsive.

Happy customer here. It's awesome to hear others are also satisfied with their experience as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom