Part that is biggest PITA to R&R? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My vote is the high pressure power steering line in a FJ62. Looks pretty simple at first, but turned into a several hour/beer/curse word exercise.

the actual BULB in the A/C / HVAC fan speed selector switch BLUE A/C button kicked my azzzzz and took me more then 3 Rolling Rocks to

install the LED replacement .

it's a mother to get to ...:confused:
b4bfc7cf-c41c-422d-962b-d2115f7542a7-jpeg.3099934

b0062d1b-510c-41fc-8936-faa2454b3b5f-jpeg.3099937

f34e1b1e-8558-417a-bcab-1e08104e6eff-jpeg.3099938

646a3e52-1d7e-4cbb-acce-c0f87125f47b-jpeg.3099940

4f4a14f3-78d5-44a0-ab67-785d2f9be0bd-jpeg.3099960

e67d0a1d-b182-4949-a632-408a30937da2-jpeg.3099961

Last edited:
Scraping all that sealant from the rain gutters on the roof, when they start to rust. Ugh I still have nightmares about that job, and it was almost 20 years ago.

Mosaic law ! ^^ dark and serious 🧐 ^^

Back to tech - going with anything behind the dash: heater core, hvac controls, speedo/ gauges, dash speaker, dash repair “while you’re in there”

Last edited:
Exhaust horn heat shield near the firewall and the heater hose that connects to the firewall right behind the exhaust horn. I hated it so much I installed headers. It’s even worse when your body mounts are shot and you have no clearance back there.

the actual BULB in the A/C / HVAC fan speed selector switch BLUE A/C button kicked my azzzzz and took me more then 3 Rolling Rocks to

install the LED replacement .

it's a mother to get to ...:confused:

That little bulb is such a piece of s***. I remember not being able to get my hands within easy reach of it and needing to try to balance it on end of screw driver to pop into the hole and then twist into place. Fell of so much I think I even tried to hot glue it onto screwdriver. I ended up just giving up and going without a bulb till I muster courage to try again.

Any advice/trick that made it finally work or just keep banging my head into wall till it happens?

Not the worst, but much more difficult than it should be... Shifter boot reinstall. I've done in twice and it's a serious PITA!
I figured out that there’s one corner that has to be done first. Then the other three screws go in like a breeze. I forget which one goes first. I believe there’s a corner that is “cut off” at a 45 degree angle while the other three have the full rounded corner. That angled one goes in first. Been a while since I installed mine.

That little bulb is such a piece of s***. I remember not being able to get my hands within easy reach of it and needing to try to balance it on end of screw driver to pop into the hole and then twist into place. Fell of so much I think I even tried to hot glue it onto screwdriver. I ended up just giving up and going without a bulb till I muster courage to try again.

Any advice/trick that made it finally work or just keep banging my head into wall till it happens?
I feel lucky. I installed that thing in a minute. It promptly burned out again though, so there’s that. I haven’t tried replacing it again. I bet it will give me trouble next time…

C-channels. So. Many. Rivets.

Why the hell they didnt box that portion, too...it's absurd.

The loose nut in the drivers seat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom