Part Number Needed - Plastic Guard, mounts under driver and passenger seats -- FOUND: 51420-60010 “COVER, ENGINE UNDER, NO.2” (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm trying to find a part number for a plastic guard that goes across under the driver side to the passenger side. The material is plastic. It's probably 3 to 4 feet wide, and maybe 3 feet long, kind of shaped like a trapezoid.

I don't know what exactly this part is called, making it difficult to find the part number to order a replacement, since mine is all smashed up. Is it a transmission splash guard? Wouldn't call it a skid plate since it is plastic, but it mounts somewhere behind the front skid plate under the driver and passenger seat area. Help is appreciated. ;)

51420-60010 “COVER, ENGINE UNDER, NO.2”
F88FF69C-7744-4F74-A79C-79A3FDFB6BAC.jpeg

51420-60010 “COVER, ENGINE UNDER, NO.2”
View attachment 2418033

That is it! Thank you sir!

Now let me see how much people are trying to rip off others with this part... holy crap, $415.49 at the first web site I found so far. $284 on eBay, plus $195 for "expedited shipping"? Yikes.

I have a replacement, but the previous owner sawed off the two L-shaped mount tabs at the back. I wonder if I really need those or not, and can just use the replacement one I have? My replacement, and the smashed up original one, are missing the inspection cover in the middle as well. Screw it... I will just see how it goes without those L mount tabs at the back.

Last edited:
It's more of a fiberglass material than plastic though. Those L tabs break off pretty easily, I've been running mine without them for a while, not that I recommend it.

Get an aftermarket skid plate.

This is cheap and people like it.

It's more of a fiberglass material than plastic though. Those L tabs break off pretty easily, I've been running mine without them for a while, not that I recommend it.

Fair enough. I wasn't sure about the material, so just described it as plastic.

I think for now I will just run without those L tabs as well, because the replacement one looks practically new, and I don't want to spend $300+ just to have the tabs. If the replacement one breaks, I will try to upgrade to a better part.

Get an aftermarket skid plate.

Do you have any recommendations?

This is cheap and people like it.

Thank you for this recommendation! This is a direct replacement for 51420-60010 “COVER, ENGINE UNDER, NO.2”? I wanted to get clarification because the link points to a "front skid plate", and I wouldn't want to order the wrong part. My front skid plate is actually in good shape, and I have a spare for when it starts to rust.

Missing those corner tabs is a common problem, doubt he sawed it off.

I have been running mine with those tabs missing for a few years with no issues. Only time is when Im bottomed out in snow and I reverse sometimes it yanks on that guard. You could get creative and just secure a new tab , there are some pictures of that type of fix on these forums somewhere.
'
The above skid plate that was shared is not what you are looking for, don't order that.

Check this out:

I have Slee... I don't know how far the Asfir goes to be honest.

Missing those corner tabs is a common problem, doubt he sawed it off.

I have been running mine with those tabs missing for a few years with no issues. Only time is when Im bottomed out in snow and I reverse sometimes it yanks on that guard. You could get creative and just secure a new tab , there are some pictures of that type of fix on these forums somewhere.
'
The above skid plate that was shared is not what you are looking for, don't order that.

Thanks! Yeah, I bet they broke off, and he cleaned up the edges, because it looks like a straight cut with saw marks on both sides. In any case, I am going to go with the replacement part I have for now. My intention was not to say the previous owner did something wrong BTW... hell, I got this part for free, just had to pay for a shipping label. I'm grateful I didn't have to shell out $400 for a new one. ;) And in retrospect, you are right... I doubt anyone would intentionally cut the tabs off.

I suppose I could fashion some new tabs, but is it worth the effort? We do get snow up here in the Northeast...

Check this out:

I have Slee... I don't know how far the Asfir goes to be honest.

Thanks! I've looked into Slee in the past. I'm not planning to do any rock climbing with this truck, just overlanding, beach driving, and some trails. However, the last time I went beach/trail driving I did smash up this part... so... maybe I do need some upgraded armor from Slee... 🤔

Last edited:
Thanks! Yeah, I bet they broke off, and he cleaned up the edges, because it looks like a straight cut with saw marks on both sides. In any case, I am going to go with the replacement part I have for now. I intention was not to say the previous owner did something wrong BTW... hell, I got this part for free, and I'm grateful I didn't have to shell out $400 for a new one. ;)

Thanks! I've looked into Slee in the past.
I think (if I remember correctly, perhaps not:D) it's weakened in a straight line somewhere near those tabs, because when mine broke off I could see the offending section had a /\ shaped cross section. So it breaks off very clean & looks like it have been sawed off. Just as with this random picture found on the internet (not mine). But once again, I could be wrong.

1598563102518.png

Those tabs get in the way with certain sliders, they do on mine. I hacked them off and secured with releasable cable ties.

I think (if I remember correctly, perhaps not:D) it's weakened in a straight line somewhere near those tabs, because when mine broke off I could see the offending section had a /\ shaped cross section. So it breaks off very clean & looks like it have been sawed off. Just as with this random picture found on the internet (not mine). But once again, I could be wrong.

View attachment 2418125

Ah, I see the broken tabs in the image you found, however, mine is completely missing the L tabs. I modified your picture. My replacement part is missing everything below the red lines. This is why I assumed the tabs were cut off after the clips at the end broke.

As a matter of fact, the driver side on my original one broke just under the door, and the remaining L bracket was flapping against the underside right under me. It was annoying as hell, and I don't know why I didn't think of cutting it off. I just tucked it up until I could replace it. :p

51420-60010_COVER, ENGINE UNDER, NO.2_without_L_tabs.png

Those tabs get in the way with certain sliders, they do on mine. I hacked them off and secured with releasable cable ties.

Yes, I can totally see that. Luckily they did not interfere with my metal tech sliders. Given the fact my replacement one was completely missing the L brackets, I just figured they were cut off for some reason or another.

@Slashzero Yep I was going to hack mine off right there too next time I got under the 100 and needed to take it off.

What is supposed to screw into the two threaded clips in the center/lower portion of the U?

@ASFIR 4X4 makes a nice aluminum skid set. These are made in Israel and of great quality. Leonard is a great guy and super responsive! They are going to release updated skids that better fit our IFS / gas engine 100 series after doing some laser scans of a few volunteer trucks a few months ago. For overlanding it’s a great option compared to the oem plastic skid.

TJM makes a mid skid replacement that is made of steel and it’s decent for the price.

Dissent, Bumpitoffroad, and Slee all make beefier skids for more hardcore use but cost a pretty penny! Interestingly, Bud Built and ARB don’t offer anything in term of skids.

The Skid Bolts are M8 x 1.25 if I recall and put antiseize on them. I replaced all the skid hardware with stainless steel ones. After suffering through a few broken bolts due to Ohio rust.

8AD1897B-4DFF-461D-BCCE-BFFE108ECEA4.png

I believe it’s TJM-077SBSUM81U. I got mine from Dirty Parts in California.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom