Parking brake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had my rear brakes done yesterday and smashed them to check the parking brake as it has never worked. They said the canter lever that basically pivots to tighten the pads when you pull the handle is froze up. I can't seem to find this part anyone able to help? Thanks again!

Don't know why its not in the FAQ: Parking brake?

Calling out @Trunk Monkey to put it in there as this question has been asked several times recently. (80 series tech but same for the 100)

Thank you so much. I searched on my issue earlier and didn't find so made post and forgot to search for this one. Sorry for muddying the waters but appreciate your help!!!

No problem. Its usually not found in searches because its in the 80s-tech section, I have it bookmarked for that reason.

Well thanks again, I have contacted cruiser Dan to see if he can help me with parts. I really appreciate the help from the community!

I think Cruiser Dan has retired. But search for beno here on Mud, he sources and sells oem parts at very good prices.

I think Cruiser Dan has retired. But search for beno here on Mud, he sources and sells oem parts at very good prices.

Yes CDAN has retired, but Beno can help, though he may have a 'minimum' order amount.

If the center pivot is frozen, there is a good chance the pivot arms at each wheel are in bad shape too. Unless the mechanic got those all cleaned up and working, you may as well order those parts for each rear wheel too.

The parts guy Beno can be contacted through the information on the Vendors section of MUD at his business: Land Cruiser Parts and Consulting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom