Parabolic Springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Jim, What brand shackles are those? Did you get them from TIC? Are they stock length?

The shackles came with the cheapo springs I just replaced. The company that sold them to me said they were Toyota shackles but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't know what 'stock' length is - but these are fractionally longer than 12cm

you need greasable shackles. They smooth out the ride. When i replaced my shocks i also got a much better ride.

Did you take any measurements before and after? did it really lift it a full 4 inches. Do you think it will sag much?

I'd like greasable shackles - maybe next on the list - ahead of new shocks.

I got a 4 inch lift at the back but 3 inch at the front. My old springs were very bad though. These measurements are with 31 inch tyres

I don't know how much it will sag - my Landrover didn't sag much. I suppose time will tell. I'll take the measurements again in a month or so and repost.

As I understand it, at the moment the rears come with the extra helper leaf - ie Heavy duty. The salesman told me that with the next batch it will be possible to add or remove leaves depending on your preferences.

Jim

Very nice looking 60!

I notice that you have the rear anti-sway bar attached in what looks like stock configuration. Is this the case? Or did you have to use some extension?

Mike S

i believe that the anti-sway bar on the 62 series does not need to be changed. I have 3" of lift and my sway bar is fine.

was that price u gave for the total kit? roughly $700 + shipping for springs, bolts, bushings, shocks, etc?

Good Question:

Also, I fail to see how these are much different from traditional leaf springs, can anyone enlighten me? Also if I used something like this to augment the 2" Shackle Lift, would I gain another 3 inches? This could enable me to go to 35s while still staying SUA?

Jonathan

The truck is still too bouncy for my liking. I have been working on the problem with the manufacturer and changed the shocks from ProComp to Koni (adjustable) The change wasn't as dramatic as I hoped but there was some improvement. Seems the maximum damping gives the best ride. This weekend I removed the helper leaf on the rear springs - there was a slight improvement again.

In summary:

The springs are good value for money (around $750US)
Give a good ride height (+ 2 inches) No sagging so far.
Give plenty of flex off road
Like all new springs they are bouncy at first - they are getting better but are not as good as I would like.

WALoeIII - they are different from traditional springs in that they do not have the interleaf friction which reduces bendability. As a result they are very flexable, light and cheaper to manufacture.

Cheers, Jim

Jim_Phillips said:
Jonathan

The truck is still too bouncy for my liking. I have been working on the problem with the manufacturer and changed the shocks from ProComp to Koni (adjustable) The change wasn't as dramatic as I hoped but there was some improvement. Seems the maximum damping gives the best ride. This weekend I removed the helper leaf on the rear springs - there was a slight improvement again.

In summary:

The springs are good value for money (around $750US)
Give a good ride height (+ 2 inches) No sagging so far.
Give plenty of flex off road
Like all new springs they are bouncy at first - they are getting better but are not as good as I would like.

WALoeIII - they are different from traditional springs in that they do not have the interleaf friction which reduces bendability. As a result they are very flexable, light and cheaper to manufacture.

Cheers, Jim
If the Damper problem is insufficient rebound Dampening, then the fix may be Monotube Dampers such as Bilstein or Doetsch Tech.
The Koni Dampers are not really suitable for Four Wheel Driving, due to eventual fade as the're a Hydraulic Twin Tube. The good thing about 'em is that the rebound Dampening is adjustable. :cheers:

I was originally considering the Doetsch Tech Prerunner, Now I may have to spend the little extra for the Monotube. :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom