Pappy's Death Valley Adventure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sweet pics!
I read that the Park Service removes all the tea kettles each year, and lets them collect over the following year to do it all over again.

Spoon Junction? or missed art installation? hmmm.

As usual, awesome trip report and especially impressive photos.

Glad you had a good trip. No mention of troubles with the truck or the tent? I assume everything performed as expected.

As usual, awesome trip report and especially impressive photos.

Glad you had a good trip. No mention of troubles with the truck or the tent? I assume everything performed as expected.

Truck did great. In fact, it ran remarkably well. I only had two issues.

1) It pinged, bad, below 1000ft. When I fueled in Beatty I pumped in 89 instead of 87. It helped a bit. I also had octane booster since I carry it for Baja.

2) When I pulled up to pavement after running Titus Canyon I parked the truck to look at maps and stuff. When I lit the engine and took off it belched a bunch of oil smoke. By the time I pulled over to check things out it had cleared, and never did it again.

looks like an awesome trip!! I was stationed there for 5 years.. never made it to Death Valley but I wheeled the snot out of the Mojave desert!

I will park in Lowe's south part of main parking lot. Be there a little before 8:30 am. See ya there!!

Nice report!

:cool:

We were there the following week. Didn't see many people.
IMG_7997.JPG

Nice report!

:cool:

We were there the following week. Didn't see many people.

Those are the best trips. Too bad we didn't cross paths. There was another MUD group up there the same time I was.

Awesome trip pappy! Great pics! There is so much to explore, so many roads to cruise, I went last year https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/death-valley-fj40-article.1107574/
and am planning another at the end of feb. with an fj43, and possibly other Toys also. will be a fun convoy.
If any HDC members are up for a :steer: I'd be stoked for more company, my family will join me this year also.

Awesome trip pappy!
If any HDC members are up for a :steer: I'd be stoked for more company, my family will join me this year also.

Thanks. As far as February … it all depends on rain.

Didn't feel like starting a new thread.

Death Valley has reported that the power is off in the valley due to a fire at an electrical substation. Stovepipe Wells and Furnace Creek are off. SoCal Edison is supposed to be installing a temporary generator. One visitor complained that:

"No power in DV sucks. You can’t get gas, restaurants are closed, the stores are closed and/or they only accept cash and you can’t open the fridge until power comes back on. Same thing happened to me on a earlier trip this year. 😞"

Sounds like a great time to go.

Yup, sounds like my kind of environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom