Overland Metric: JIS Bolt Kits & Hardware | Stainless & Carbon Steel (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I will check out your site for the next OEM bolts I need for my future product offerings. Most of the time I've been sourcing non-oem equivalents which I haven't been 100% happy with.

I will check out your site for the next OEM bolts I need for my future product offerings. Most of the time I've been sourcing non-oem equivalents which I haven't been 100% happy with.

Would love to work with other vendors and shops. Could be a win win for us both. Let me know when it's time to talk.

Would love to work with other vendors and shops. Could be a win win for us both. Let me know when it's time to talk.

I've already sourced the hardware I'm using on the OBA kits I'm about to release but I'll definitely reach out for the next one.

How do these compare to your previous hardware kits? Thanks

Biggest difference is the new offerings in 316 stainless steel. But the carbon steel kits have been greatly improved as well. I will get some pictures up showing the difference, but here are the biggest improvements:
  • Regular hex heads (not flanged heads) still in 10.9 strength- flanged wasn't OEM, and I am glad to revert back to regular hex heads
  • Custom molded indented heads that match OEM closely - vs indented heads with various indents and often head stamps on the top of the bolt. These new custom heads are clean and really close to OEM
  • Enlarged full vehicle kits - I've added pieces to the kit, but the price has stayed the same
Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

I got your sets in the mail and they are awesome!

A few notes/points after looking over each set:

1. The Hood Hold Down Hook Kit (Hex) shipped with 4 stand-alone flat washers, while your site does not mention this.

2. The Tubular Tire Carrier Kit shipped with 14 bolts vs. the 12 that are mentioned on your site. It also had two flat washers that were not mentioned on your site.

3. The Ambulance Door Hinge Kit shipped with 32 bolts versus the 28 mentioned on the site.

Now I'm not complaining about the extra pieces! :) I just didn't know if it was unintentional or not, and freebies certainly eat into profit margins.

4. I fully appreciate that manufacturing delays can prevent full shipments, but I was surprised to see the note about the M8 and M10 hex nuts being backordered within the pre-assembled kits. I had to go through each kit to get an idea of what was remaining to be shipped in my sets. Perhaps some additional info on what is left to send would be helpful to customers.

Again, thanks and the product is outstanding!

-Geof

Thanks Geof for the feedback. I was in a hurry to get these out and have since updated the site with these updated nunmbers.

Looks like you got some freebies on the amby door hinges - should be (28), but better more than less!

I apologize on the nuts, they arrived and I was just not happy with them, this in spite of trading samples for the last few months, so I am working hard on getting these complete and shipped out.

I'll work on tagging the bags missing nuts, that's a good idea. Thanks again!

I got my two full kits this week and they are great looking. For us nubs it would be good to mark the bags as to what they are, maybe not all need this. I turned around and placed another order for stainless to supply my supply drawer keep up the good work.

I got my two full kits this week and they are great looking. For us nubs it would be good to mark the bags as to what they are, maybe not all need this. I turned around and placed another order for stainless to supply my supply drawer keep up the good work.

I do mark the stainless kits so people know what goes where, but I just don't have the horsepower to mark the bulk hardware bags and full vehicle kit bags. I wish I could. Maybe I'll throw in a packing list so folks can at least review what is in the kit and match up with the bags.

Ordered some longer bolts for the bib hinge. The 3 shorter ones in the kit were too short. Every thing else looks and fits well.

IMG_6110.JPG

IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6119.JPG

Last edited:
Biggest difference is the new offerings in 316 stainless steel. But the carbon steel kits have been greatly improved as well. I will get some pictures up showing the difference, but here are the biggest improvements:
  • Regular hex heads (not flanged heads) still in 10.9 strength- flanged wasn't OEM, and I am glad to revert back to regular hex heads
  • Custom molded indented heads that match OEM closely - vs indented heads with various indents and often head stamps on the top of the bolt. These new custom heads are clean and really close to OEM
  • Enlarged full vehicle kits - I've added pieces to the kit, but the price has stayed the same
Let me know if I can answer any other questions.

I've got one of your original sets that have the flanged heads. I love how you've gone to full original style hex heads and even offer some SEMS now.

Quick question, do you still have any of the serrated flange nuts available as included in those original kids? I love having serrated flange nuts in JIS style gold-cad. While not OEM, there are just some good applications for these and I could use a few more of the nuts in M6 and M8...

I apologize on the nuts, they arrived and I was just not happy with them, this in spite of trading samples for the last few months, so I am working hard on getting these complete and shipped out.

Hey Dave do you have an ETA on when the remaining nuts will be shipped out for the complete sets?

Quick question, do you still have any of the serrated flange nuts available as included in those original kids? I love having serrated flange nuts in JIS style gold-cad. While not OEM, there are just some good applications for these and I could use a few more of the nuts in M6 and M8...

@Honger - I will look and see if I have any left over and shoot you a PM.

Hey Dave do you have an ETA on when the remaining nuts will be shipped out for the complete sets?

I just sent out an email regarding this, please feel free to respond to that, or PM me here with any followup questions or concerns.

The pics are really great. I am adding some 80 related hardware (door hinges, hatch hardware, hood hardware, and valve cover hardware), if there are any 60-series owners out there who want some hardware for the 60, let me know what you're after.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom