Overdue Build Thread - Fj60 5.3 swap (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Enough work for the whole weekend!

RenderedImage 2.jpeg

61723062785__F712C9AC-A3D4-4189-A83B-F3449416077B.jpeg

So this happened... When I picked the 60 up from the shop that installed the lockers, I decided to drive it home (with no windshield) for a little adventure. About halfway home, the smoke hit me and I pulled into this park entry in a panic. Smoke was coming from everywhere. After a few minutes it dissipated except for from the rear passenger hub. I realized it had been towed everywhere since installing the rear brakes and that one was severely out of adjustment. Luckily I had a friend following me and after it cooled down, we pulled the wheel and hub to adjust it to an operational setting.

It was a productive, albeit unintentional shakedown run. The 5.3/H55 rips!

While it was getting lockers and for the sake of completing the project, the 60 also received:
Rebuilt Redhead steering box
RCV 300m front axles
Front/Rear pinion bearings/seals
Front/Rear ARB locker
Front/Rear ARB diff breather
Marlin Crawler knuckle rebuild kit
Tie rod ends
DBA LandCruiser slotted rotors and ceramic pads
OEM Calipers

IMG_9035.HEIC.jpeg

Just posted some items I wont be using in the Portland Metro thread.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Rest up after that definite bummer of an unwrapping. Here's to the seller/carrier making that right by you.

I almost revised it to. I'm still disgusted. There couldn't have been more "Fragile" or warning signs on the package. Although, they could have also been framed out in MDF or layered cardboard to protect them better. Hopefully it will be replaced by 3XM or the shipper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom