Ouachita Mountains... need help planning a hiking, camping, overlanding (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm planning a trip with some buddies to go to the Ouachita mountains in southern Oklahoma. I am looking for three things to do.

1) I was wondering if anyone has camped out down there and what is the best (safe) place to do so
2) Hiking, nothing too crazy. Maybe like a 3-5 hour trail
3) Trail driving, my buddy has a rubicon and I have a land cruiser, so we both love to drive some trails. Any trails that are difficult? Any trails with great views?

Any input is appreciated, and if this trip is successfully I will post on here with pics and a list of what we did as a database for future trips.

Go to the Arkansas side of the Ouachita Mtns, the majority of them lie there anyway creating more sites to see and things to do IMHO (I guess I am bias towards that being that I live in AR). I have a whole catalog of Ouachita National Forest trails, waterfalls, and other cool locations mapped in Google Earth that I can share with you if you are willing to make the trek over here.

Coming from the guy in Oklahoma, go to the Arkansas side...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom