Other than LC Projects Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally did a little project, made a goofy kayak cart with a little storage for the garage. Ok with how it turned out, now I want to re-do part of it - it's too wide.
1600012554323.png

1600012576538.png

Revive the projects list. The Misses decided a way to keep me out of the bars. Never mine. I never went to bars. Anyway she hated the dining room and thought in our spare time we should redo the area and install a new dining room table, that could be used as a billiard table.
A689803F-8C34-42EE-8B4C-6B9E6ECDF762.jpeg
The two outside walls had insulation blown in and the plaster ceiling was covered with 1/4” Sheetrock. A lot of paint on the walls and trim work.
THIS
56E62D2A-D302-43AC-9897-65E3FD655A79.jpeg
will be going
HERE
7EB4F105-4BB4-4AFA-BAF2-97D4294C2DA4.jpeg
on Tuesday. Has a top for dining. Two benches and six chairs. Most important is has six holes to drop balls in. Time to enjoy live.
but the upstairs is still not finished.

The old table was just a table. The new table is included with six holes. This one did not have the holes in it.
excuse me. It is Friday night.

Oh no; I got that part....just can’t fathom my wife ever saying she can’t stand the dining room table. She’s cool with a lot of stuff, but there’s a line!

The old table was just a table. The new table is included with six holes. View attachment 2604519This one did not have the holes in it.
excuse me. It is Friday night.
Wait..., your telling me there is a dining room table that double as a billiard table. Do you have a link?

Changed the title of this thread so @JohnVee has a place to post up his non-LC adventures 😉

We also just bought a 100-yr old house, so I’m sure my time will be split between LCs and projects other than LCs (PoTLC).

Environmental exposure to COVID + working for 4 very concerned physicians (rightfully so, with what they see at work) means I have been home for five days.

I have -

Painted all exterior trim, windows and doors
Painted all the pet houses
Built a gate
Built platform and shelves for pet houses
Installed a walkway and drainage in the landscaping
Power washed seemingly everything
Painted the living room (well, started on it - it'll take me a couple days)

Today, I began the very tedious process of removing all the horrendous speakerbox carpet previous owner covered every square inch of the 4R in.

So anyway, message me if you see a for-parts-only 2nd gen 4R for sale... Gonna need it. Also send allergy meds.

PXL_20210902_195701632.jpg

The dining light did not work with the pool table.
3C12249E-3564-4F2D-A9A7-0CEEEF373056.jpeg

so in order to solve the problem with table under it was to build frame over top.
C3F62453-2721-483B-B97B-7A4EED966B91.jpeg

All was set on saw horses so as not to lay on table. Replaced light and also had to repaint ceiling. End result
image.jpg

Next project is the bathroom
Still in COVID mode around here

The bath is only 5’x9’ with a small shower. A water leak started the problem. Floor was tile and walls and ceiling were plaster. Put a ramp out the window to the trailer and took 1800 pounds to the dump. A few pictures. Special wiring I found in the wall.
8E47FDBE-4DE2-42E3-A04C-7E4221AA3360.jpeg
5AC55FD4-DF11-4FA7-9A22-DC4007FED557.jpeg
3E6A7322-C809-4B90-955E-08409A19493B.jpeg

this project is still on going. The water leak got into the HVAC vents and sagged in the basement
D9C20B1D-524C-4427-A0AA-6C84B5C66D11.jpeg

That’s all I can think of right now.
still be safe.

The bath is only 5’x9’ with a small shower. A water leak started the problem. Floor was tile and walls and ceiling were plaster. Put a ramp out the window to the trailer and took 1800 pounds to the dump. A few pictures. Special wiring I found in the wall. View attachment 2785512View attachment 2785513View attachment 2785514
this project is still on going. The water leak got into the HVAC vents and sagged in the basementView attachment 2785516
That’s all I can think of right now.
still be safe.
Ahhh…yes; I am currently struggling with “special wiring” and such related PO projects myself.

No. No sir, I do not love the Volvo. That’s why my wife now drives a GX470. Stupid, stupid, stupid Volvo. Engineered obsolescence at it finest.

A couple months ago I decided to sell our pop up camper and bought a 1967 Yellowstone Cavalier travel trailer. Really happy with it so far but it didnt have an awning. I can’t stand the period correct fabric awnings that have the floral prints, scalloped edges and take about 4 poles to guy wire. Not to mention they all pretty much have to be taken down in the rain and replacements cost $400 and up. I had this idea of using an ARB style awning with some modifications. So I decided to buy one of the Napa awnings for $100 and give it a shot. The camper has a C channel on along the top on the door side that an original awning slides into and as luck would have it the bag awning utilizes the same C channel. All I had to do was to remove 2 screws and the awning material slid right out. Then I removed the 2 horizontal supports from the bag awning and replaced the hinge bracket with a ball and socket utilized on most pop up camper awnings. Just had to attach the socket pieces to the camper and it was ready to set up. To take it down you just pop out the horizontal supports, roll them up in the awning then slide it back out of the C channel, then store back in the camper. Super glad to have a clean, sleek waterproof awning for $100.

32104923-3875-4367-944D-36F62C2EDD98.jpeg

A couple months ago I decided to sell our pop up camper and bought a 1967 Yellowstone Cavalier travel trailer. Really happy with it so far but it didnt have an awning. I can’t stand the period correct fabric awnings that have the floral prints, scalloped edges and take about 4 poles to guy wire. Not to mention they all pretty much have to be taken down in the rain and replacements cost $400 and up. I had this idea of using an ARB style awning with some modifications. So I decided to buy one of the Napa awnings for $100 and give it a shot. The camper has a C channel on along the top on the door side that an original awning slides into and as luck would have it the bag awning utilizes the same C channel. All I had to do was to remove 2 screws and the awning material slid right out. Then I removed the 2 horizontal supports from the bag awning and replaced the hinge bracket with a ball and socket utilized on most pop up camper awnings. Just had to attach the socket pieces to the camper and it was ready to set up. To take it down you just pop out the horizontal supports, roll them up in the awning then slide it back out of the C channel, then store back in the camper. Super glad to have a clean, sleek waterproof awning for $100.

View attachment 2786639

Both you and shandor are rocking the old school travel trailers! Super cool!

Don't take it apart, lol

Both you and shandor are rocking the old school travel trailers! Super cool!

Don't take it apart, lol
I couldn’t agree more!! It doesn’t leak now but I can see enough old water damage to know what’s lurking underneath. I do feel that it is still solid enough to get a few years out of in its current state. Hopefully by then I will have finally bought that winning lottery ticket LOL.

A few of you have seen my finished Datsun Z project but most haven't. Here she is. 1974 was the only year of the 260Z. 74 still had the 240 bumpers but with the slightly larger 2.6 liter in-line 6. I didn't take many pictures during restoration but did include one during insertion of a 280ZX 5-speed and entire rear end. Bought it from a guy that said, "best price I'll go is $400" to which I said, "what's the best price you'd go for ME?" I paid $375! :)

260Z.jpg

1974 260Z.jpg

IMG_0056.JPG

A few of you have seen my finished Datsun Z project but most haven't. Here she is. 1974 was the only year of the 260Z. 74 still had the 240 bumpers but with the slightly larger 2.6 liter in-line 6. I didn't take many pictures during restoration but did include one during insertion of a 280ZX 5-speed and entire rear end. Bought it from a guy that said, "best price I'll go is $400" to which I said, "what's the best price you'd go for ME?" I paid $375! :)

View attachment 2788670

View attachment 2788671

View attachment 2788672
My buddy's 260Z was an automatic and I did the 280Z 5speed swap for him. The best thing about his swap was that because it was an auto, it had a lower geared rear end from the factory. The five speed really brought that car to life. Swapping in SU carbs really helped it a lot too. The original carbs sucked...literally and figuratively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom