ORION transfer cases!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

orangefj45

Supporting Vendor
Threads
i have built quite a few of these over the last 5 years or so and have decided to start stocking the kits. up until now, i would order a kit whenever i had a customer who wanted one or wanted me to build one. but sometimes we'd run into back order issues and it would take anywhere from 2-8 weeks to get a kit. so i decided to put one in stock at all times.
We sell the Orion kits for $1689

you can either order the kit from me but i also offer them as complete units at an additional charge. this can be achieved in a few different ways:

1) you can send me your existing t-case which i will then tear apart and clean. some of the parts will not be used for the orion build, but a lot will. these are then inspected and replaced if need be.

2) you can tear down your own t-case and send me the required donor parts for the orion build.

3) i can supply all the parts for the build. sometimes this is a good way to go if you want the vehicle down-time to be as short as possible or if you don't want to deal with shipping parts cross country......

i have a vast collection of good used parts on hand but i also offer a lot of new parts for these cases, including the main shafts and high-low sliders. it is essential for these two components to be in excellent shape when building an orion since any wear on them could potentially cause the t-case to pop out of gear.

every orion i build receives a new slider without question. i usually include the price of the slider in my assembly labor charge as well as one of my nose cone savers.

feel free to pm me for a quote if you're interested in putting an orion in your cruiser.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids
IM000726.JPG
IM000789.JPG
IM001452.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta say that I am sooooo happy with my orion! George helped me out on the purchase (twice! long story) and now that I finally have it built and in it is quiter on the street than my old TC and my low range is about 100:1

Noah

Folks gotta say the yellow & black one is mine.

In a V8 40, turbo 400, cruiser axle rig.

Amazing.....:D:D:D

George built it shipped it!!!

Gotta say something for a fellow to offer this type of service & talk you through things!!

Cant say enough.

He is a perfectionist!!!!:flipoff2:

thanks for the kind words guys, i try.

clutchee, i think the "bumblebee" was my favorite paint job so far. did it get dirty yet?! :lol:

georg

thanks for the kind words guys, i try.

clutchee, i think the "bumblebee" was my favorite paint job so far. did it get dirty yet?! :lol:

georg

Heck yea..... pulled a ford 350 2wd up a mud hill:clap:

Was nice digging all 4 tires & hearing the v8 purrrr

Damnit Georg you're doing too many things that I want to spend money that I don't have on!

I know that the Orion cases are stronger overall, but what other benefits do they offer over a factory tcase? If you can get lower gearing, I'd consider one in the future, once other projects are completed and I have more financial breathing space.

Damnit Georg you're doing too many things that I want to spend money that I don't have on!

I know that the Orion cases are stronger overall, but what other benefits do they offer over a factory tcase? If you can get lower gearing, I'd consider one in the future, once other projects are completed and I have more financial breathing space.

hey bud.
the orion will not work for your application. it's only available in a 10 or 16 spline input shaft configuration.
i'll pm you about lower gearing options for your split case since i don't want to hijack this thread.
hth
georg @ valley hybrids

I shouldn't even ask as I won't be doing any mods in the foreseeable future, but what ratios are available?
And would they fit a SM465/3 speed tcase configuration, or a H41 (or is it H42 I always forget, but the lower geared first anyways) with a split case?

I shouldn't even ask as I won't be doing any mods in the foreseeable future, but what ratios are available?
And would they fit a SM465/3 speed tcase configuration, or a H41 (or is it H42 I always forget, but the lower geared first anyways) with a split case?

orions are available in 3:1 or 4:1 gearing, price is the same. i have only sold one 3:1 case so far but a bunch of the 4:1 variety.
the orion is a direct replacement for the early one-piece case. it will not work in place of a split case.
hth
georg @ valley hybrids

Georg,

What is the adapter on the one in the top right pic? Just curious.
Great deal as usual!

thanks ken!

top right tc has a th350 adapter, middle pic is an intermediate plate for a ford C4 adapter.

hth

georg

Call me stupid, and you can since I know very little of the earlier cruisers but will this bolt up to a h41 (or 2 what ever one comes out of a 60) and what kind of cruiser does the t-case housing come out of?

Call me stupid, and you can since I know very little of the earlier cruisers but will this bolt up to a h41 (or 2 what ever one comes out of a 60) and what kind of cruiser does the t-case housing come out of?

hey al.

plenty of info here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/139377-o-r-i-o-n.html

basically, the orion is a direct replacement aftermarket transfer case kit for the one-piece cruiser transfer case. it features a steel case for added strength and is available in two versions; 3:1 or 4:1 low range. high range is still 1:1.
these cases will bolt in place of the original aluminum one-piece case behind the three speeds ( 10 spline main shafts ) or earlier h41 and h42 4spds ( 10 spline and 16 spline main shafts). they will not bolt up to the later 19 spline h41 or h42 since they're only available with a 10 or 16 spline input gear. they can also be used in conjunction with all of the adapters offered for the one-piece cases.

hth

georg @ valley hybrids

just finished another one for a fellow mudder. :bounce::bounce::bounce:
DSC00045.jpg
DSC00046.jpg

Can an Orion case be had with the stock landcruiser gearing? Current setup is h42-AA rockbox-4spd case. I am happy with all my gearing options, but would like the added strength of the cast iron case....

Thanks,

Evan

Can an Orion case be had with the stock landcruiser gearing? Current setup is h42-AA rockbox-4spd case. I am happy with all my gearing options, but would like the added strength of the cast iron case....

Thanks,

Evan

hey evan.
thanks for the post. AA does not offer the orion with stock gearing, but they do offer them in 3:1 or 4:1 reduction. that's the bad news ( in your case ). the good news is that the very late factory cases utilized the same larger idler shaft shared with the orion. so if you can come up with a late model 4spd gear set, then you could install them in the cast iron case. i bet aa might be willing to supply me with just a case. i could certainly find out for you.
may i offer a much simpler solution: why not run a t-case saver and a nose-cone saver? that'll save you a ton of time and money. sure, the cast iron case is stronger but you'll get more bang for your buck from the savers imho.
more info here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-storefront/245075-nose-cone-savers-one-piece-cruiser-case.html
hth
georg @ valley hybrids

i finished another pair of orions for fellow mudders recently. :cool:

both 4:1 and going into nice fj40s.

georg @ valley hybrids
twin orions.jpg

orien t case

im bran new to this site.i have a sm420 to a stock 1971 fj40 3speed t case.i want a 4-1orien in it.can you give me a price on the cheapest way to go?i can send you parts or the whole t case.what would it cost me for one ready to bolt in also?my #is 530-282-3998 if you would prefer to give me prices like that. thank you very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom