ORION transfer cases!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey dale.
Thanks for the pm. Please post your question and some pics on here.
Hth
Georg @ valley hybrids

Bad and busted

Hey, George
I got a 72 cruiser with sbc 350/sm420/oriontcase. I bought the truck put together already and dont know who built it. I was driving down the interstate in GA and it almost locked up on me. When i pulled it apart i found that the inside bolt of the orion had vibrated out and it chewed the head of the bolt pretty good. What am i looking at to get the case rebuilt? Thanks for the help.

Which bolt came out?!

Could you post some pics?

I'll be happy to help.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

90 degree breather

Was hoping you could tell me where I could get one of those 90 degree breathers for the orion transfer case? I have one of those spring caps on mine and would like to attach a hose to a breather in the engine firewall.

I get them at a local hardware store. They're 1/2" pipe thread so you need to tap the top cover. The existing hole is big enough for the 1/2" pipe tap; no drilling required.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

It's really very simple. Just pull the cover,tap it, install a new fitting and put it back on. If the original gasket stays in one piece, then run it. If not, get a new one.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

I need to bookmaker this thread, can you do gear ratio changes in 1976 fj55 transfer case.

You can install an Orion in your FJ55. Not a problem at all.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Building a few right now.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

image-1342496396.jpg

Yes sir!

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

Yes sir!

The marlin cases, are they made to order, or do you have some finished ones? I have Toyota 3 speed in my FJ now, but I'd much rather swap it out than send it off and not have a car for weeks!

I'm not sure what you're asking.

If you're refers g the the Marlin Toybox, they are built to order by Marlin Crawler.

well, I saw in the old post that you had a few cases sitting around. Are those rebuilds of Toyota 3 speeds with Orion parts?

I have Orion kits in stock and can configure them to work with the 10 or 16 spline input gears.

Georg @ Valley Hybrids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom